Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Satisfaction

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Miggylad
Ballboy
Ballboy
Miggylad

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Satisfaction Empty
PostSubject: Satisfaction   Satisfaction EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 9:40 pm

Giants can call this season a write off for one reason or another...
Next season will see a new head coach firmly established in the job. With the resources available what sort of season would be classed as a success to Giants fans.. As a neutral i would say a play off spot and no less....Opinions please............
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Satisfaction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satisfaction   Satisfaction EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 9:47 pm

Miggylad wrote:
Giants can call this season a write off for one reason or another...
Next season will see a new head coach firmly established in the job. With the resources available what sort of season would be classed as a success to Giants fans.. As a neutral i would say a play off spot and no less....Opinions please............
Talking to Ben Jeffries and Wayne Godwin last night they reckon our current squad should be in the top 5 and i'd go along with that for next season. I wouldn't call this season a write off though, it's a chance for players to earn new contract and impress the new coach with a very slight chance of making the play offs especially if we can get a result tomorrow. Ever the optimist Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Miggylad
Ballboy
Ballboy
Miggylad

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Satisfaction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satisfaction   Satisfaction EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 9:55 pm

With respect Mark you don't play on paper..And players opinions count for nothing (they are bound to be biased) I would rather have a team of unknowns playing as a team than a team of so called superstars playing for individual recognition. Giants have got to get the appointment of head coach so right otherwise it could spell so much disappointment for the loyal fans once more...
Back to top Go down

Satisfaction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satisfaction   Satisfaction EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 10:14 pm

imo the problem the giants have had for some time is cruisers. The all time classic being Robbie "am i on TV" Paul. All too often we have players hardly bothering to turn up yet still getting a place on the team

With the coming through of Lawrence, Cudjoe and Hemmingway hopefully times will change. But the fact is all too foten i have sat and watched 13 lads playing a game who couldnt really give much of a f***
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Satisfaction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satisfaction   Satisfaction EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 9:08 am

Sturl wrote:
imo the problem the giants have had for some time is cruisers. The all time classic being Robbie "am i on TV" Paul. All too often we have players hardly bothering to turn up yet still getting a place on the team

With the coming through of Lawrence, Cudjoe and Hemmingway hopefully times will change. But the fact is all too foten i have sat and watched 13 lads playing a game who couldnt really give much of a f***

With any luck though Stu that should change with a new coach, In answer to the original question, acceptible success to me would be the team playing the type of football that would take the crowds up to 10.000 av, which is where they need to be if we are to stay in Super league, If they can do that the league position will take care of It's self.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Satisfaction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satisfaction   Satisfaction EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 7:08 pm

We live in hope No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Satisfaction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satisfaction   Satisfaction Empty