Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is top 6 still on?

Go down 
+4
bostock
adelaide-giant.no9
Ivor C&G Scarf
ponner
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Is top 6 still on? Empty
PostSubject: Is top 6 still on?   Is top 6 still on? EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:00 pm

Looking at the table and bearing in mind we've a game in hand(with Wigan) over the rest of the league. We're still in with a shout of the top 6. Obviously we need a good run of wins but it's not out of the question just yet imo.
Is top 6 still on? Tablehb4
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Is top 6 still on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is top 6 still on?   Is top 6 still on? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 6:54 am

Personally I thought our top 6 place hinged on last week's game. If we'd have beaten Wakey then yes.

However, we're 7 points adrift, we beat Wigan at the JJB and we're 5 behind, we're Saints to play twice, and Bradford have to loose3 more than us. And that's ignoring the other 3 immediately above us.

I'm usually optimistic about the team, but this year I think we've blown it.

Roll on the new coach so we can start planning for next year's league and cup double. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk

Is top 6 still on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is top 6 still on?   Is top 6 still on? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 7:25 am

No way, this season is just gonna be a ride it out scenario i think.

Like Ivor said, a new coach would hopefully sort a new squad and get some games in them before next season starts.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Is top 6 still on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is top 6 still on?   Is top 6 still on? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 7:59 am

9th at best this season ...
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Is top 6 still on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is top 6 still on?   Is top 6 still on? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 1:47 pm

looks a bridge to far but stanger things have happened Very Happy
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Is top 6 still on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is top 6 still on?   Is top 6 still on? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 4:35 pm

I think we can only afford to lose a maximum of two more games all season, possible, but highly unlikely.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Is top 6 still on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is top 6 still on?   Is top 6 still on? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 5:35 pm

One game at a time that's what they need to concentrate on, that and the style of football they play, IMO that's far more important than managing one game in the playoffs, Unless i have it all wrong ( not unknown ) what fans want is commitment and a game that's good to watch, If that's achieved the wins will come anyway, I dont mind seeing my team beaten by a better side on the day provided they have given it their best shot ( Leeds last Friday ) Obviously i would prefer to see them win, but to be honest its more about how they win to me.

If i can give an example without boring some of the younger posters. In the fifties we had a winning side ,a match for anyone in the league and were known for playing fast open football, In the sixties we also had a winning side ( to a lesser extent granted ) but we were a boring pedestrian side in comparison,who starved teams out of the game, ( the days of unlimited tackles ) we were able to do this cause we had the best hooker in the game at the time, Indeed we had some top players Senior, Smales , Bowman etc, but we never played the kind of football that was played in the fifties, and guess when the big decline in support started. For me we need to be aiming at the kind of performance that we saw in the Leeds saints game, and the league position will take care of It's self.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

Is top 6 still on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is top 6 still on?   Is top 6 still on? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 7:57 pm

It's a case of win what you can now. Get out, work hard, fight for your places and prove your worth.
Back to top Go down
Where's My Shirt

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-05-02

Is top 6 still on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is top 6 still on?   Is top 6 still on? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 9:40 pm

If we win 8 of the remaining 9 games this season we should be in with a good chance of making it.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Is top 6 still on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is top 6 still on?   Is top 6 still on? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 8:58 am

Where's My Shirt wrote:
If we win 8 of the remaining 9 games this season we should be in with a good chance of making it.

A big ask though, taking this seasons roller-coaster performances into account.
Back to top Go down
Where's My Shirt

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-05-02

Is top 6 still on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is top 6 still on?   Is top 6 still on? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 5:03 pm

Never said it would be easy - just that's what we realistically need to even stand a chance.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Is top 6 still on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is top 6 still on?   Is top 6 still on? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 9:33 pm

Where's My Shirt wrote:
Never said it would be easy - just that's what we realistically need to even stand a chance.

Err, we don't want you coming on here and upsetting people like you do in the Other Place.

My mate Wes had used 4 boxes of tissues at the last count.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
reidy
reidy

Is top 6 still on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is top 6 still on?   Is top 6 still on? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 10:42 pm

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:
Where's My Shirt wrote:

Err, we don't want you coming on here and upsetting people like you do in the Other Place.

My mate Wes had used 4 boxes of tissues at the last count.

Leave him alone ya big oaf... I know his Dad, a big hairy bugger who'd see you off! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is top 6 still on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is top 6 still on?   Is top 6 still on? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is top 6 still on?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: