Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Graham Horne

Go down 
+4
Meltham Giant
Giant-Dragon
ponner
FLYINGPROP
8 posters
AuthorMessage
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Graham Horne Empty
PostSubject: Graham Horne   Graham Horne EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 4:19 am

Heard rumours we have signed him? any comments
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Graham Horne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Horne   Graham Horne EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 8:01 am

I hope it's just rumours. Don't rate him at all personally.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Graham Horne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Horne   Graham Horne EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 11:19 am

Hmm i dont have any prefrences about him cos tbf I aint seen much of him =\
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Graham Horne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Horne   Graham Horne EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 12:18 am

Think we can do ALOT better than Graeme Horne to be honest!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Graham Horne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Horne   Graham Horne EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 5:25 pm

I think Horne is a decent player, but would be surprised as the positions he covers don't seem like the ones we need covering as we have plenty of promising young players who can fit into them.
Back to top Go down
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Graham Horne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Horne   Graham Horne EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 8:46 am

I examinee this morning, 1 year deal, primarily as a second row. May find improvement in him under Brown and with a bit of luck will try and play his heart out for an extention. I am ok with this provided no one else is going because I do not believe he is currently as good as anyone we have.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Graham Horne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Horne   Graham Horne EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 8:50 am

Pharmergibbs wrote:
I examinee this morning, 1 year deal, primarily as a second row. May find improvement in him under Brown and with a bit of luck will try and play his heart out for an extention. I am ok with this provided no one else is going because I do not believe he is currently as good as anyone we have.
Ok well if it's just a one year deal i'm prepared to give him a chance to prove himself.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Graham Horne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Horne   Graham Horne EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 5:41 pm

ponner wrote:
Pharmergibbs wrote:
Ok well if it's just a one year deal i'm prepared to give him a chance to prove himself.
Same here, I bet the wages aren't that fantastic either.
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Graham Horne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Horne   Graham Horne EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 8:01 pm

Don`t think NB will use him as second row (not big enough) probably back up for centre or stand off IMO.
Back to top Go down
JudgeB
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
JudgeB

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Graham Horne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Horne   Graham Horne EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 8:34 pm

It would be fantastic if we could sign 25 top class players for the squad but we live with the salary cap and therefore we need to sign players a mixture, some "stars", some good quality plus some of a reasonable standard who add to the depth of squad and can provide adequate cover in vcase of injuries etc.
Horne I believe offers just that. He is a player of reasonable to good standard, is versatile, fairly well experienced and can play in various positions if needed.
He has always seemed to cause problems playing against us. And I'm confident that NB knows what he's doing and will improve Hornes all round game.
A good back up signing IMHO.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Graham Horne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Horne   Graham Horne EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 8:54 pm

JudgeB wrote:
It would be fantastic if we could sign 25 top class players for the squad but we live with the salary cap and therefore we need to sign players a mixture, some "stars", some good quality plus some of a reasonable standard who add to the depth of squad and can provide adequate cover in vcase of injuries etc.
Horne I believe offers just that. He is a player of reasonable to good standard, is versatile, fairly well experienced and can play in various positions if needed.
He has always seemed to cause problems playing against us. And I'm confident that NB knows what he's doing and will improve Hornes all round game.
A good back up signing IMHO.
I agree with what you are saying, but I do think that in this case we should be backing our up and coming players rather than signing average Joes from other clubs. Horne can play centre, but isn't Lawrence back up in that position? He can play half back, but I would like to think McNally is going to get some game time this season. Or he can play second row where we have loads of players including a promising Patrick.

Now we have signed him I hope he goes on to prove me wrong, plenty do. Only getting a one year contract means he has to take his chances to get an extension or interest from other clubs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Graham Horne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Horne   Graham Horne Empty

Back to top Go down

Graham Horne
Page 1 of 1