Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saints V Bulls

Go down 
+3
adelaide-giant.no9
guinness
reidy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Saints V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Saints V Bulls   Saints V Bulls EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 8:26 pm

Thought Bulls were faves after 10 mins but Stains obliterated them after that.
Back to top Go down
guinness

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Saints V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints V Bulls   Saints V Bulls EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 8:45 pm

4 defeats on the trot, Macca worried about his job then. Perhaps a return to the 'pharm? Seriously though, Saints were good when they woke up but they were helped a few times by mr mirfield. Its about time they did something about all the offsides both given and not, especially the farce from within 10 mts from the line, which team has all 22 legs (excluding mrkrs) behind the line. Typical example tonight, saints give a penalty for feet over line, and from the tap nearly everyone in same position yet nothing. once again total inconsistancy from ref, same for forward passes, numerous visible forward passes and only one given.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Saints V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints V Bulls   Saints V Bulls EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 10:17 pm

saints were great this morning, i have a couple of stains fans here this morning , we had a few beers last night and they stayed over
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Saints V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints V Bulls   Saints V Bulls EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 10:49 pm

adelaide-giant.no9 wrote:
saints were great this morning, i have a couple of stains fans here this morning , we had a few beers last night and they stayed over

"This morning", have you heard him???? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Saints V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints V Bulls   Saints V Bulls EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 10:57 pm

reidy@work wrote:

it is 8.30 and just waiting for my full english
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Saints V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints V Bulls   Saints V Bulls EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 10:58 pm

reidy@work wrote:

Lucky git!
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Saints V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints V Bulls   Saints V Bulls EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 11:02 pm

reidy@work wrote:
reidy@work wrote:

Lucky git!

our guests brought it with them last night ... it looks lovelly , just waiting for our lass to get up and cook it :P
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Saints V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints V Bulls   Saints V Bulls EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 11:04 pm

Get some lard slapped in a pan and cook it yersen yer lazy booger! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Saints V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints V Bulls   Saints V Bulls EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 11:10 pm

reidy@work wrote:
Get some lard slapped in a pan and cook it yersen yer lazy booger! Laughing Laughing

i could put it on the barbie.. but its too cold for that
Back to top Go down
guinness

Number of posts : 15

Saints V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints V Bulls   Saints V Bulls EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 1:08 am

Just come back from t' pppub n' watchin' it again... bradistan still crap in 't' second 'arf!!
And I still Think Mmmr Mirfield is one sssided. (it must be nice sat watching summer rugby in a wwwinter that's warmer than our heatwave) brrrr!!
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

Saints V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints V Bulls   Saints V Bulls EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 5:48 pm

guinness wrote:
Just come back from t' pppub n' watchin' it again... bradistan still crap in 't' second 'arf!!
And I still Think Mmmr Mirfield is one sssided. (it must be nice sat watching summer rugby in a wwwinter that's warmer than our heatwave) brrrr!!

There is no doubt that the standard of reffing is the worst aspect of League, there are some other very poor ones but reffing takes the cigar, To talk about consistency is a waste of time cause there is none, I dont personally think reffs have favorite teams, or decide they are going to penalise any special team, Myself i think they are directed to clamp down on certain things and consequently they miss a lot of other things.
Last night i thought Saints were offside as much as Bradford, just not as far offside as the Bulls but to me offside is offside whether its a 1 foot or 3 yards, It's like Phil Clark claiming that forward passes should be let go because the move deserved a try, That's rubbish, and who decides what deserves a try and what doesn't. Next thing you know we are going to be judging Knock-on's on their merits.
I dont expect to see any changes for the better, Cummins himself was one of the poorest reffs there was, and he regularly defends ludicrous decisions by the likes of Klein and Ganson, Half of the problem with some of the reffs is that they have got the idea that they are the stars of the show, and the touch judges may as well be privet bushes for what use most of them are with regards to forward passes,which in some games is reaching epidemic numbers. The best standard of reffing in any sport that i know is Gridiron, they miss nothing and i wonder if League will ever go down that route, I wouldn't think so because of the cost, but It's certainly time something changed
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Saints V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints V Bulls   Saints V Bulls EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 6:06 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
guinness wrote:

There is no doubt that the standard of reffing is the worst aspect of League, there are some other very poor ones but reffing takes the cigar, To talk about consistency is a waste of time cause there is none, I dont personally think reffs have favorite teams, or decide they are going to penalise any special team, Myself i think they are directed to clamp down on certain things and consequently they miss a lot of other things.
Last night i thought Saints were offside as much as Bradford, just not as far offside as the Bulls but to me offside is offside whether its a 1 foot or 3 yards, It's like Phil Clark claiming that forward passes should be let go because the move deserved a try, That's rubbish, and who decides what deserves a try and what doesn't. Next thing you know we are going to be judging Knock-on's on their merits.
I dont expect to see any changes for the better, Cummins himself was one of the poorest reffs there was, and he regularly defends ludicrous decisions by the likes of Klein and Ganson, Half of the problem with some of the reffs is that they have got the idea that they are the stars of the show, and the touch judges may as well be privet bushes for what use most of them are with regards to forward passes,which in some games is reaching epidemic numbers. The best standard of reffing in any sport that i know is Gridiron, they miss nothing and i wonder if League will ever go down that route, I wouldn't think so because of the cost, but It's certainly time something changed
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
reidy
reidy

Saints V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints V Bulls   Saints V Bulls EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 6:24 pm

Top post Bo!
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Saints V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints V Bulls   Saints V Bulls EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 6:28 pm

to be honest Bo --cant agree with you !!

I have just watched the Leeds/ harlequins match and I think that the refereeing of Klein was consistent with that witnessed in last night`s match - both on Sky for all posters to see

For me -you couldnt really pick which was the better of the two!!

.......................they were both pretty equal.................

equally ........................garbage!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

Saints V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints V Bulls   Saints V Bulls EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 7:35 pm

penninegiant wrote:

I have just watched the Leeds/ harlequins match and I think that the refereeing of Klein was consistent with that witnessed in last night`s match - both on Sky for all posters to see

equally ........................garbage!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Yeah Klein is one of the worst there is for wanting to be the centre of everything, and he makes some of the biggest blunders, In tonight's game he gave a disgraceful decision against Quins for ball stealing that cost them a try. I will never trust the guy again after what he did at Cardiff and despite Ganson apologizing i have never seen anything from Klein, There was never a case for saying he made a mistake, or he had to make a instant decision, He had all the time in the world and he made a decision (that he broke the rules to give ) that was seen by hundreds of thousands of people to be wrong, Personally i wouldn't have him on the field again,
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Saints V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints V Bulls   Saints V Bulls EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 9:56 pm

Correct mate, If that were a ball steal, I WILL bare my bare arris on the old Town Hall steps... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472

Saints V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints V Bulls   Saints V Bulls EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 10:29 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
penninegiant wrote:

Yeah Klein is one of the worst there is for wanting to be the centre of everything, and he makes some of the biggest blunders, In tonight's game he gave a disgraceful decision against Quins for ball stealing that cost them a try. I will never trust the guy again after what he did at Cardiff and despite Ganson apologizing i have never seen anything from Klein, There was never a case for saying he made a mistake, or he had to make a instant decision, He had all the time in the world and he made a decision (that he broke the rules to give ) that was seen by hundreds of thousands of people to be wrong, Personally i wouldn't have him on the field again,

I saw that and it could have cost Quins the game (diabolical). What beats me is why the touchjudge did not intervene and put Klein right, as it is possible from Klein`s angle it may have looked like a strip. But as you say after Cardiff he should have been demoted.

And these penalties when the play is about a metre from the try line are a joke. The ref might pull a team up a couple of times and the third attempt the players have still got their feet over the line but he lets it go. This rule wants enforcing (either a constant stream of penalties or even a sin-binning until players conform) or dropping for the sake of continuity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Saints V Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints V Bulls   Saints V Bulls Empty

Back to top Go down

Saints V Bulls
Page 1 of 1