Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sammut

Go down 
+2
Giantdee
Shogun
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Sammut Empty
PostSubject: Sammut   Sammut EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 6:07 pm

Should we try to get him or not ??
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Sammut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammut   Sammut EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:36 pm

I do not see him as essential, but would be an upgrade over Kyle Wood as 3rd half back/interchange hooker. In short it would depend what he costs. I certainly would not be comfortable letting a prop go to sign him.

There seem to be all sorts of rumours flying about re Bulls and their players. I suspect the majority are well off the mark, the one I liked was that Baloo is keen on Manifakua (sp?), that would make more sense if they are considering letting Larne go to make cap space, I won't believe any of it though until I see it in the Examiner.
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Sammut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammut   Sammut EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:11 pm

Larne is going nowhere FACT
Back to top Go down
shelleygiant
Ballboy
Ballboy
shelleygiant

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Sammut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammut   Sammut EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 3:36 pm

As much as I like Sammut I don't think he's the right kind of player to fit in at Fartown. Yes on his day he can be brilliant but from what I've seen of him Sammut plays for himself  (a bit like Chase)
He's good when the team he's playing for is on top but when the going get's tough and the team are struggling in a match and a bit of hard graft is needed he's never really shown me he's prepared to go that extra yard and put the effort in for the sake of the team. I think last year it really showed on the field how much our coaches have instilled into the lads the importance of "teamwork", from what I saw each and everyone of the players willingly gave 110% effort, whether it be chasing a "lost cause" kick, a despairing attempt to stop a "certain" try or sticking up for their mates when the going got "ugly" Each and everyone of them looked as though they were "all in it together" and willing and prepared to take "one for the team". This I believe is probably one of the main reasons we actually won silverware last season. The saying that the team "win together" and they "lose together" looked quite apparent last season. Yes we have stand out individuals in the team and yes you do need them but as they showed last season it's the individual brilliance coupled with that little bit of extra effort and the "teamwork" that will bring you the silverware.

I don't think Sammut fits into Andersons criteria for us, but I do think he's a very talented player.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Sammut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammut   Sammut EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 11:16 pm

I think he would be great for us. We depend far too much on Danny B. When he is not playing I can't see where we get our main plays from. Sammut would offer something different, would take a bit off DB. For me he could be a major signing.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Sammut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammut   Sammut EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 12:12 am

Don't think we need him good as he is,too many play makers wanting to get their hands on the ball,what we do need is a bigger defender on the opposite edge to Broughy,taking the pressure off the kicking game,much like Luke Robinson,but just bigger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sammut Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammut   Sammut Empty

Back to top Go down

Sammut
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: