Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Salford

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Salford Empty
PostSubject: Salford   Salford EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 6:32 pm

Any predictions for this one?

Looks at the 19 for both, we should be fine in the forwards, even though we are missing a few in that position. I hope Lunt will be fine soon. Still we don't want to rush him as he is nearly as important as Danny B.

We are missing a few, but hopefully Anderson will not let them slip up like last time we played them or slack off like they did against Cas. If he can sort them out mentally then we could win by a fair few.

My prediction:
Fartown 42 - 6 Salford (Fartown players playing to potential)
1st try scorer, Grix to start great and get his confidence back
Man of the match, Korky to boss the Salford pack.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Salford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salford   Salford EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 9:30 pm

Got my tickets for both home games yesterday, If they don't beat Salford with some style they will win nothing, Having said that if the same officials are at Wigan again next week as were there tonight against HKR we have no chance anyway, There were some disgraceful call against Hull , but then nothing changes in that department, If i were an official at the Giants i would be doing everything in my power to ensure none of them are involved next week.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Salford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salford   Salford EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 3:52 pm

Hull KR can feel proper cheated by a bad call or two last night. Shame as a Wigan defeat would have been nice. Still lets just win tomorrow and then worry about beating Wigan later.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Salford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salford   Salford EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 6:39 pm

Frustrating how we were not able to cut loose against Salford in second half,but let's face it after the initial Fartown shock wave they stuck resolutely to defence to stop a massacre, organised not jumping out,to leave wide open spaces,no less expected from a Nobby coached team.

Lot's of good stuff from us,where do you start,the Broughy magic that set up the 2nd try,ha ha ha just brilliant.After that,nowt could come close.

Now going up against Wigoon after that will be a huge intensity test.we have too many weak links in our team.Salford fans telling me over and over again we will beat Wigan,but I said no,because too many weak links,like Grix,Ukuma & Lawrence.

Go back to Fools now for a week for a laugh and them comparing Grix to Paul Reilly.Ha ha YCMIU
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Salford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salford   Salford EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:41 pm

Grix put in a great kick for the first try and then entertained the crowd with the strangest catch of a bomb ever. I was surprised that Johnson didn't get more game time, especially as we had the game under total control. Fingers crossed Lunty is back for the BIG ONE. Surely Chan and Fielden can't be far off either. Hopefully Salford haven't taken too much out of us and we can fire on full cylinders against Wigan on Friday.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Salford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salford   Salford EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 10:08 pm

Be honest Matt if you thought Grix had to put in a 1 on 1 tackle to win us a GF do you think he would be capable
for all his fancy dan stuff,now he is too much of a liability coming into the intensity of the play offs

Smurph will be better as a fb but not as good as Reilly,this is what the saddo 'lovers' can't seem to grasp.

Fielden situation is a joke,far too much pressure on Eorl and Koppy,how magnificent have they done.

Yet if the whingers would have backed Sir Ken Davy with ST's LOD would still be here,so the moanalots who said 14 of their mates were packing it in are only getting the blowback now.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Salford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salford   Salford EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 1:31 pm

It's a long time since i met anyone as angry as you DL, but credit where it's due you certainly liven this board up a bit and that's no bad thing.
I don't always agree with you, but that's no bad thing either, Paul Reilly is one eg. I wouldn't rate him in the top 50 fullbacks i have seen play, He did have a very good season towards the back end of his time with us and deserved his England shirt, If i was in a tight spot in a nightclub or something i would rate him very highly as an ali.
There is no doubting his heart was with Huddersfield, he was fearless and never gave less than his best as i remember, but i don't think as a player, that class wise he was in any way special,Effort wise he was special and i wish more of the present team were a bit more like him. That's just my opinion and others will hold different one's, It all depends on what qualities you regard the highest, Certainly there have been many fullbacks  (just at Huddersfield ) who ranked amongst the best of their time.

Regards Grix , He is in a position where any mistake he makes shows up, there are plenty others making mistakes, they just are not as obvious. Grix had his good sides as well as his bad one's, he is always backing up for one thing, and while i agree with you that he is a weak link in some respects he is not the only one.
Like you i would like to see Murphy given a proper chance at fullback, I think his catching would be equal to Grix , his positional play i would expect to be better, I don't know about backing up and linking in with the threequarters ( grix would take some beating there ) although the danger is he often tries to do too much and gets caught in possession, I think all round Murphy would be a safer option, whether thats a good thing or not i don't know, but i can not see PA making changes of that nature at this particular time.

On to Tai, another who came with a big reputation and for me ( for one reason or another ) is proving a disappointment, I dare say he will be amongst the top earners but for me he is far from one of the top performers, I know he was a long way from fit when he arrived, ( something i never totally understood ) But he has been here long enough now and we have just had the best spell of weather we are likely to get, for me he should be showing up a fair bit better than he is.

I'm not sure how the number of season tickets affected LOD leaving ,I assume he was on top money and getting paid either way, I think he wanted to be away myself and got what he wished for, Although i rated LOD he was not on the field enough for me to justify either his reputation or the kind of money he was allegedly on, But then i grew up watching players who gave absolutely everything they had to give,for winning pay of maybe £14.

Your passion and commitment to the Giants in general and K Davy in particular does you credit although i find it a bit strange  to be criticizing other people for not sharing it, Myself i wouldn't go watch football if you were paid to go, but people will do what they want By your criteria there are maybe 70,000 paying rugby league fans, and a few million brain dead halfwits who prefer football, and who will know doubt concider us to be the half wits, and to be fair the way Rugby league is administered I'm not sure sometimes they are not right.

Eventually you will come to realize for better or worse That Football is 100 times more popular than League, It's a complete mystery to me ,but there it is, and nowhere is it more evident than in Huddersfield, we just have to get on with it although like some others i have at least stood in grounds packed to the rafters, I don't see them days ever coming back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Salford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salford   Salford Empty

Back to top Go down

Salford
Page 1 of 1