Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Who remembers Wire last week ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Who remembers Wire last week ?   Sat May 11, 2013 3:40 pm

bo jangles wrote
On days like today the Giants pack just look like a second rate , i don't give a s**t outfit, who don't believe they have any chance.
I'm sure they don't have that attitude really, at least i hope they don't but you have to wonder why they can defend like they did against Wigan, grind it out against Hull and beat the odds against Catalan, and yet turn in shows like today when they look distinctly poor , In fact poor doesn't really say it.

defleppard wrote
yesterday was another example of how certain teams (Wire,Wigan and Leeds) can up the intensity when it matters,and we showed yet again we were unable to live with it.Bo's correct our forwards took an awful drubbing

Jools wrote
I agree completely Bo.
Whatever the outcome next week we are going to be embarressed. 3000 in two stands - less than the away support..... The "Leeds" style attitude of "we play when it matters" doesn't work for a team who have failed to deliver time and again-

DurhamGiant wrote
I attach no significance to yesterdays result or game.

The team selection and the players know there is a bigger and more important game next week.

Those players who played badly yesterday (and there were at least five) will have a kick up the arris and know they have to perform better next week.

Get behind the team for the Leeds game and we can judge where we are after that one.
If we win next week everyone will forget the wire result.

We won today. We might not win the cup but we have to reserve our resources and step up in the big games when they are on. nearly 11500 there today and live on national TV. Those fans will come back knowing we can play tough, entertaining rugby when we need to.

Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers Wire last week ?   Sat May 11, 2013 4:40 pm

They did play really well, missed very few tackles and were more creative with ball in hand than Leeds. My only complaint is I bet we lost the yards down the middle. Leeds seemed to be able to make more with each drive than us, but couldn't capitalise on it because of our passion in defence. Tough defence is so important and missing few tackles makes it much harder for the opposition, in these areas we hammered Leeds. Job done in front of a big crowd and the cameras, roll on Sheffield in the next round.
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers Wire last week ?   Sat May 11, 2013 6:21 pm

I remember Wire last week, it was frustrating because I know we can play like we did today.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers Wire last week ?   Sat May 11, 2013 9:08 pm

Durham giant you are daft,but good fun,keep it coming.

When you FO then we on here will discuss the finer points of the game and not be worried about thought police trying to silence us just because we have an opinion.

We will leave that to RL fools.com,full of fools and red facists
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers Wire last week ?   Sun May 12, 2013 8:51 am

Durham Giant wrote:
bo jangles wrote
On days like today the Giants pack just look like a second rate , i don't give a s**t outfit, who don't believe they have any chance.
I'm sure they don't have that attitude really, at least i hope they don't but you have to wonder why they can defend like they did against Wigan, grind it out against Hull and beat the odds against Catalan, and yet turn in shows like today when they look distinctly poor , In fact poor doesn't really say it.

defleppard wrote
yesterday was another example of how certain teams (Wire,Wigan and Leeds) can up the intensity when it matters,and we showed yet again we were unable to live with it.Bo's correct our forwards took an awful drubbing

Jools wrote
I agree completely Bo.
Whatever the outcome next week we are going to be embarressed. 3000 in two stands - less than the away support..... The "Leeds" style attitude of "we play when it matters" doesn't work for a team who have failed to deliver time and again-

DurhamGiant wrote
I attach no significance to yesterdays result or game.

The team selection and the players know there is a bigger and more important game next week.

Those players who played badly yesterday (and there were at least five) will have a kick up the arris and know they have to perform better next week.

Get behind the team for the Leeds game and we can judge where we are after that one.
If we win next week everyone will forget the wire result.

We won today. We might not win the cup but we have to reserve our resources and step up in the big games when they are on. nearly 11500 there today and live on national TV. Those fans will come back knowing we can play tough, entertaining rugby when we need to.

You will have to do better than that mate, all you are saying here is that you have been proved right in your eyes and that last weeks show was planned and perfectly acceptable, well it wasn't to me nor DL nor Jools and i suspect a lot more, I will never condone taking the field with the idea you are going to get beaten, that's not what sport is about when people have paid good money to come and support you.

All that said I understand your euphoria at yesterdays performance, I feel exactly the same, I have nothing but praise for the whole team, for me it was a carbon copy of the Wigan game with a superb display of defence and an ability to make some long distance breaks out of that defence, no weak links and some good all .round discipline. Don't know what was said to Wardle, but it was right in line with where i was sat, he got a couple of really good clean rights in , but i expect he will pay the price.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers Wire last week ?   Sun May 12, 2013 9:26 am

Dont go over board yet !! Wink DG Leave it till after Wembley!

To use my background - the house is only part built!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers Wire last week ?   Sun May 12, 2013 11:01 pm

Indeed bo I agree! Some excellent defence and Broughs boot, alongside some good work by our outside backs and lunty who outclassed their opposite numbers won us the game- but our go forward was still lacking up the middle- Leeds made many more metres than we did. I'm not knocking the performance on Saturday AT ALL - it just makes the attitude they took against wire even more annoying- I know three people who took their tickets back and didn't turn up on Saturday as a result of sunday and one won't be coming back even given Saturdays performance- he's just not prepared to risk 21-24 quid on the off chance they play well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers Wire last week ?   

Back to top Go down

Who remembers Wire last week ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: