Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leeds Rhinos

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Leeds Rhinos Empty
PostSubject: Leeds Rhinos   Leeds Rhinos EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:43 pm

Another day another comp and a chance to keep up our decent record in recent seasons against the Rhinos, Lets hope plenty Fartowners turn up because i reckon there will be a fair few from Leeds,
Anything resembling last weeks showing will have disastrous effects but i don't think they will play like that again, If they turn out believing they can win and play with intensity they have every chance.

Leeds are in good form at the moment but every run comes to a stop somewhere, It will take a big effort but we have proved we can do it, Defend like we did against Wigan and Grind like we did against Hull and anything is possible, Above all else the forwards have to see themselves as equal to Leeds, they have to move up and knock them down, instead of 3 steps and wait to be hit and dragged 5 metre's, The backs i feel will be OK on the whole if Mcgillvrey stays on his wing, but the whole team for heavens sake show some aggression,.

Mick Sullivan on Radio once was asked , how do we beat these Aussies Mick. I loved his reply. He said, You knock the buggers down, and you keep on Knocking em down, after a while they don't get up so fast.
That is exactly how we used to beat them, and it's exactly the attitude the Giants need.

Anyone who remembers Mick Sullivan ( and i know there are some on here ) will also remember he wasn't the biggest guy, but there was not a lot that got past him, and often as not they were a bit quiet for a while.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Leeds Rhinos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leeds Rhinos   Leeds Rhinos EmptyWed May 08, 2013 2:18 pm

Leeds Rhinos Gvl10
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Leeds Rhinos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leeds Rhinos   Leeds Rhinos EmptyWed May 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Well you have done your bit mate
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Leeds Rhinos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leeds Rhinos   Leeds Rhinos EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:48 pm

I think it is a good idea to extend the discount and to have a cheaper walk up price, but why not make the price £8 at the turn-styles or maybe just a little more at a tenner?

I am really excited about this. I think it will be a real cracker and great for the cameras. I do feel our less than impressive performance against Wire was because the lads had this game distracting them. Hopefully they will play to their very best and everything will click into place.

I've even done what the club wanted and move to the riverside stand for the cameras as well as talk a few newbies into attending.

Fingers crossed we are in the hat for the next round.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Leeds Rhinos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leeds Rhinos   Leeds Rhinos EmptyWed May 08, 2013 7:20 pm

matt01 wrote:
I think it is a good idea to extend the discount and to have a cheaper walk up price, but why not make the price £8 at the turn-styles or maybe just a little more at a tenner?

I am really excited about this. I think it will be a real cracker and great for the cameras. I do feel our less than impressive performance against Wire was because the lads had this game distracting them. Hopefully they will play to their very best and everything will click into place.

I've even done what the club wanted and move to the riverside stand for the cameras as well as talk a few newbies into attending.

Fingers crossed we are in the hat for the next round.

I would love to be in the next round Matt, but more important to me is a good performance, and we usually do that against Leeds.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Leeds Rhinos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leeds Rhinos   Leeds Rhinos EmptyWed May 08, 2013 7:31 pm

Over the last few years our record against Leeds is probably better than any other SL team. Let's hope it continues on Saturday. Bearing in mind there's a voucher in kids season tickets to exchange at the turnstiles and roughly 10k tickets sold overall so far, there should be a decent atmosphere there.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Leeds Rhinos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leeds Rhinos   Leeds Rhinos EmptyThu May 09, 2013 7:08 am

I hope our forwards can get some aggression from somewhere,because if they think they will get an easy ride from the likes of fired up Bailey,Delaney,Leuluai,to name but three,they are in for another rude awakening.

We have got to slow their ruck down in the opening exchanges even if it means conceding a couple of.pens.

Would be good to see Ukuma knocking them backwards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leeds Rhinos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leeds Rhinos   Leeds Rhinos Empty

Back to top Go down

Leeds Rhinos
Page 1 of 1