Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

atmosphere

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
luisnorthsquash

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: atmosphere   Thu May 02, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi guys, not posted much on here before. Can anyone think of any way us on this forum could help improve atmosphere at the JS? Away support seems very vocal, but home matches are boring atmospherewise!
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: atmosphere   Thu May 02, 2013 9:46 pm

Firstly i'd like to thank you for posting and please don't hesitate to post more. Regarding the atmosphere, I think with the attendances being slightly down this year there are bigger spaces between people which means some don't bother joining in with the singing if they aren't sat next to someone who's belting it out. A singing section has been mentioned before but as far as I know that's as far as it's gone. Our best atmosphere in my opinion was our last home game against Hull KR and as more people start to come to support us due to there being no sign of 'the slump' then we'll start to get better a atmosphere as the season goes on. I'd also love to hear of any ideas from you guys. More tannoy music? more drums?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
http://giants.aforumfree.com
TerrierGiant

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2013-04-05

PostSubject: Re: atmosphere   Thu May 02, 2013 10:34 pm

Excellent post OP, as a town and giants fan I've noticed that the atmosphere at home games for either team is always very poor, both teams have great vocal away support but poor home support (in terms of numbers and vocals). I don't think there is much we can do to improve it either. I think this is because the majority of the fans that come to watch, do so solely to watch the game and for a lot of fans it is a free/cheap baby sitter. They don't want to start signing and chanting and that is their choice. Personally i don't think we help ourselves when we give the best stand in the ground, in terms of vocals, to away fans! For me the best idea would be to congregate before the game and find the few 100/200 fans that are willing sing their hearts out for the lads and make sure we all sit in a certain area of a certain stand.
Back to top Go down
luisnorthsquash

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: atmosphere   Fri May 03, 2013 5:43 am

Love that idea, how about getting singers to sit where they do for the Town matches? Maybe play a club song before we play, and more drums or anything that encourage people to sing!
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: atmosphere   Fri May 03, 2013 3:04 pm

There will be plenty of atmosphere at the next two games (as long as Fartown compete)
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: atmosphere   Sun May 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Only 1100 from Warrington,so 7.4k of ours is not that bad,especially when our ST sales were only 3.4k as those on rl fools.com only wanted to tell the world that they would not be re newing,just because of one bad season boo hoo whinge whinge moan moan it was all too much to take,sob sob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: atmosphere   

Back to top Go down

atmosphere
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: