Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Catalans vs Giants R13

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Catalans vs Giants R13   Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:07 pm

This fixture is getting overlooked a bit as attentions have turned more to Warrington & Leeds home games.

Dragons hooker Ian Henderson is out after a 1 game ban.

Be disappointed if we can't get the job done in Perpi,bearing in mind all their injuries and suspensions.

Flying over tomorrow for some sun (hopefully),beer & RL Smile - is there a better combination.

COYG
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Catalans vs Giants R13   Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:56 pm

Henderson isn't banned he's been cleared to play. A great chance here to show we are a threat this year- never easy to get the two points in France.
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Catalans vs Giants R13   Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:17 pm

Is this game being shown over the internet? if so does anyone know the link?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Catalans vs Giants R13   Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:06 pm

Enjoy the trip.

I think this is a massive test. Travelling down to South France and getting a result is a massive challenge. It will show if they want to make amends for the poor performance against Batley.
Back to top Go down
shelleygiant
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Catalans vs Giants R13   Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:12 pm

A much improved performance from the Batley match is needed for us to get anywhere near a win tomoz. Our defence against HKR and Cas was very poor in patches but the saving grace was theirs was dreadful, can't see Catalan gifting us easy points like they did.

The big question is which Fartown team will turn up ? if the one that beat Wigan, Lids and Saints have made the journey to France, we've a great chance, if not we're gonna struggle.

I await the outcome with baited breath.

Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Catalans vs Giants R13   Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:00 pm

Some links to try if you want to watch our game today at 5pm

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=201950&part=sports

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/183367/1/watch-catalans-dragons-vs-huddersfield-giants.html

http://www.viplivesports.eu/rugby/151569/1/catalans-dragons-vs-huddersfield-giants-live-stream-online.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
http://giants.aforumfree.com
Meltham Giant

PostSubject: Re: Catalans vs Giants R13   Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:16 pm

Final score

Catalan 20 Giants 28

Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Catalans vs Giants R13   Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:27 pm

Fantastic result tonight. Not only against them on their own patch but we were down to 12 men for last 30mins.

Back to top Go down
http://giants.aforumfree.com
shelleygiant
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Catalans vs Giants R13   Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:56 pm

Hate Childs, totally inept, hope that's the last we see of him this season.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player

PostSubject: Re: Catalans vs Giants R13   Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:01 pm

An amazing result. I know Cats were missing a fair few players including their superstar, but to beat them in their backyard with 12 men for most of the second half is fantastic. Hope Robbo doesn't get a ban, but if he does, can we leave Grix at full back and Leroy at centre and think of another plan for a partner to Danny B?
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Catalans vs Giants R13   Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:44 pm

Could be time to let Connor have a go!
Back to top Go down
cabrita
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Catalans vs Giants R13   Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:17 pm

Anyone know why Robbo got sent off?
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player

PostSubject: Re: Catalans vs Giants R13   Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:17 am

Shoulder charge off the ball, I think.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Catalans vs Giants R13   Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:55 am

Great win & a great game.Some solid hits going in and and some good footy played by both sides.Plus that little dust up between the players,all adds to the occasion.

We we sat right in front of that Leroy 'try',and were convinced he grounded that.Having VR every time at Catalans makes a lot of difference.

Started to get it wider as the game wore on,and it paid dividends in the end.There was some poor decision making by certain players at times.I don't believe we are tackling as strong as were in the early rounds,we need to get back to that.We are getting knocked backwards in the collision more now,and players with good footwork are stepping around our first contact.

Lunt was yet again class in his spells.

Weather down here has been bl··dy awful.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Catalans vs Giants R13   Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:12 am

I didn't see a sending off in what Robinson did, But Childs is a very poor referee and could they have watched that video for any longer, justice done in the end against all the odds, not many have come away from there with a win, Well done whole team, I can see where DL is coming from with the forwards, but Catalan have a big rough pack and they seem to know that they are going to get the calls, so they push it to the limit, I would think Anderson will be reasonably happy with that.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Catalans vs Giants R13   Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:09 pm

Unfortunately the screen was off for the Luke incident,and as we were following the ball,didn´t really notice the incident.It was the TJs call though I reckon.

If Luke cops a ban,then who replaces him at scrum half v Warrinton is going to be a big call.Switching players around hasnt always come off before.
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Catalans vs Giants R13   Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Wardle could also be in trouble for a shoulder charge- and I think it was koppy also.
If robbo is out we have two choices- jake Connor gets a debut or grix to 7, smurph fullback and Dawson on the wing. Would rather have grix at 1 able to join the line as we will need attacking options against wire I think. Give Connor a go - an unknown entity for wire might work, connor has a bery good kicking game and we would still have brough and grix to go to.
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant

PostSubject: Re: Catalans vs Giants R13   Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:00 pm

No charge for Robbo Smile

Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Catalans vs Giants R13   Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:03 pm

According to the new ref twitter account @rflreferees #asktheref whilst time was off for the injured player the video ref instructed robbos tackle was contact with the head which is why the red was issued.
Back to top Go down
cabrita
Ballboy
Ballboy

PostSubject: Re: Catalans vs Giants R13   Wed May 01, 2013 6:01 pm

There is footage of the incident in the highlights at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veRQnctaDII. (Résumé Dragons Catalans vs Huddersfield (Round 13)) To my mind there does seem to be head contact, although quite possibly purely accidental. It is at about the 4:25 mark of the highlights, and better seen in the second slow motion replay. The first replay is nowhere near as clear.
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Catalans vs Giants R13   Wed May 01, 2013 9:17 pm

There may have been head to head contact there was certainly no arm or shoulder to head contact. Never ever a sending off, bearing in mind the no try to Leroy and the reluctance to give his later try you wonder what the VR was watching and what his agenda was?

Ganson has a big job on his hands, I understand Cummings used to instruct refs what to look for in each team, which to me seems completely wrong as you end up with different reffing for each side. If a ref is for example harsh on holding down in the ruck he should be harsh for both teams. That doesn't happen far too often
Back to top Go down
cabrita
Ballboy
Ballboy

PostSubject: Re: Catalans vs Giants R13   Thu May 02, 2013 4:38 pm

Spot, on Giantdee, I couldn't agree more. Plus it seems like both players recoil equally from the collision, which to me means neither anticipated it, let alone meant it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catalans vs Giants R13   

Back to top Go down

Catalans vs Giants R13
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: