Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Salford next

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Salford next Empty
PostSubject: Salford next   Salford next EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 1:30 pm

Psychologically we need to win this one. It was this performance last season that started the rot. We lost easily to Wire on friday, but circumstances mean we can dismiss that as a freak result in freak conditions. However if we lose to Salford and play badly this will effect confidence and make everyone worry that we will repeat last season this season. Fingers crossed the performance is good and we take the two points.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Salford next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salford next   Salford next EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 7:46 am

So who is off today? Weather looks fine, even a bit of sunshine at the moment. It's a strange venue, I wonder if they have anything built around it yet. It is a nice little stadium, but dumped on a waste ground. Salford are steadily building a squad, so current players know if they don't perform they will be replaced fairly soon. I can see this being much more difficult than the pundits are predicting.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Salford next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salford next   Salford next EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 7:48 pm

Cannot fault the players efforts, they looked so frustrated that things weren't working. To me we looked out prepared by a team with a caretaker coach. They passed deeper and ran clever lines, ok we dropped too much ball, but we were too flat too often and quite predictable.
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Salford next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salford next   Salford next EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 8:08 pm

Agree matt very predictable, when we did pass the ball out we scored! We got what we deserved outta that game. Cannot fault the effort from some players but we seem to force it at times when its not needed! Anyway the season is young and the best teams are the ones that bounce back
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Salford next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salford next   Salford next EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 10:40 pm

Just hope this result does not effect the players mentally.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Salford next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salford next   Salford next EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 11:06 pm

Excellent comments on Radio Leeds from summariser Peter Roe after the match. Absolutely nailed the problems Fartown have & refuse to deal with. Very fair appraisal. Also very good comments from Eorl post match too.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Salford next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salford next   Salford next EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 11:12 pm

sparky wrote:
Excellent comments on Radio Leeds from summariser Peter Roe after the match. Absolutely nailed the problems Fartown have & refuse to deal with. Very fair appraisal. Also very good comments from Eorl post match too.
What did Roe and Eorl say?
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Salford next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salford next   Salford next EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:31 am

matt01 wrote:
sparky wrote:
What did Roe and Eorl say?

Peter Roe was discussing how Fartown are really just not up to it. Their lack of discipline, handling errors, stupidly ceding field possession & turning the ball over on the opposition's terms were all points he raised. He then also talked about 2 crucial (imo) points which contribute significantly to Hudds still not being viable contenders for a trophy....

1) The way in which Hudds just "do enough" to claw back a lead against so-called "lesser" teams but then drop back into a lackadaisical attitude & end up losing "winnable" games anyway. He was very strong on this. He mentioned numerous times Hudds' complete lack of "professional arrogance" & "hard-faced professionalism" & how that attitude really hampers any serious ambition for this club. He said "it's like they honestly believe they've really no right to win a title". It's hard to argue with that imo.

2) Peter also said the squad just isn't good enough to go all the way. He said we have too many average players in key positions & we actually need to buy a couple of proven world class title winners to move forward. Again hard to argue with that.

Roe was never having a dig either, he was just being honest & even handed. He was actually very fair. But sometimes the truth hurts.

Eorl was very cross post match but actually conducted himself well. He spoke about missed tackles, errors & the general attitude problem in the team. I got the impression he's already fed up with being the only player giving it his best every week & carrying a half-hearted team. Could be trouble ahead reading between the lines. Eorl was clearly annoyed by the lack of effort from some & said some lads needed to really look at themselves. Again, hard to argue.

Roe himself mentioned a few times that Eorl is the only one who consistently shows up every week.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Salford next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salford next   Salford next EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 11:01 am

You could tell Eorl was fired up during the game. Glad he is cross and I hope others follow his example of playing at the top of their game consistently. If any player is offended by his comments then maybe they should spend a spell out of the first 17.

I agree about average players in key positions. Losing LOD and not having Ta-ai on the field is hurting us. Also not getting that halfback that Anderson wanted is not helping. We do have title winners in Fielden, Brough, Lunt, we also have top class internationals in Eorl, Leroy and Robbo, unfortunately for Robbo in my opinion he is a class international nine.

What can they do about the hard faced professionalism?
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Salford next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salford next   Salford next EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 11:28 am

Peter Roe may have had some valid points, but I believe he is a person who has never given credit to Huddersfield and has a chip on his shoulder regarding the Huddersfield club, I seem to remember in the distant past some rejection of Roe by the club, can`t quite remember what it was though, anyone remember what it was ???
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Salford next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salford next   Salford next EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 11:35 am

Shogun wrote:
Peter Roe may have had some valid points, but I believe he is a person who has never given credit to Huddersfield and has a chip on his shoulder regarding the Huddersfield club, I seem to remember in the distant past some rejection of Roe by the club, can`t quite remember what it was though, anyone remember what it was ???

Honestly know nothing about that, but if it has any foundation it certainly didn't come across in his comments. He was actually more than fair. He pointed out both the positive & the negative, just as a summariser should. No axe grinding to be heard at all.
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Salford next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salford next   Salford next EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 11:43 am

Thinking back, it might have been something to do with coaching, as when he was coach at Keighley, he sat very close to me at a Huddersfield home game, and keighley were playing a game on the same day, and I thought that very strange as to why he was not at Keighley when he was their coach.
It may have been at a time when we were on the look out for a new coach, but cannot be sure.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Salford next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salford next   Salford next EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:40 pm

Anyone else but Peter Roe would have taken his comments very seriously,but he did damage his own reputation as a pundit previously as he seemed to have a massive grudge against our club.

Salford played some good football there.If your defensive intensity drops and you don't play much footy yourself you will lose up against a team with a quality ball handler like Liam Foran.

We got our defence right to beat St Helens,Wigan & Leeds,now I sincerely hope we move on to the next level,keep up the defence but try to play some footy as it gets drier,cos if we don't we won't win a trophy.

Promising signs today vs Widnes,Grix seemed to have lost his fear and got the ball wide,and well anyone with half a brain (excludes some abusives) saw the result of that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Salford next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salford next   Salford next Empty

Back to top Go down

Salford next
Page 1 of 1