Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away)

Go down 
+5
chuckster
FLYINGPROP
ponner
matt01
Giantdee
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away) Empty
PostSubject: Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away)   Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away) EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:38 pm

Scrappy performance where we were the biggest threat to ourselves. In the end because of the last minute scare we were "lucky to win", but on balance, though way below the standards set against Wigan and Saints I felt we just about shaded it. We do need to be better though, a lot better.

My moment was Jerry's third try - perhaps because it was the one I saw best. Great break up the middle and then moved quickly from the ptb. Despite the Wakey-wails I was dead in line with Robbo's cut out pass, it was not forward, not even momentum forward, it was a very good pass..

What about others?
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away)   Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away) EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:51 pm

My moment was going from despair when Smith walked over at the end to elation when Silverwood chalked it off.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away)   Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away) EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:24 pm

Tight game but my moment was when I called out to Fox if he wanted something to cover his knees seen as the rest of his body was covered. To which he bit and showed me the finger Very Happy

Last edited by ponner on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away)   Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 7:31 am

Lol Ponner, winding the pussycat dolls up like that.

Moment of match was when Jerry absolutely creamed someone down in the far corner when I was convinced they were gonna score.

Also amused at Greg Brown and Chris Thorman on the headsets struggling to hear Baloo when it would have been easier for him to just shout down to them lol
Back to top Go down
chuckster
chuckster

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away)   Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:04 am

The moment the bus shelter realised their 'winning' try had been disallowed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dazeastwood?v=feed&story_fbid=13
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away)   Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:00 am

When Broughy kicked for the corner at 18 - 12 instead of going for a drop goal. Would have deflated Wakey and put them more into panic mode.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away)   Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 5:00 pm

http://t.co/MIZUXsn6wf Listen to this without trying to laugh
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away)   Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 5:16 pm

Very good that Ponner mate, I guess the commentator is a Wakey fan then.

Ivor I said the same thing, when it got to 18 - 12 the next time we are in range go for the one pointer.
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away)   Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:11 pm

I saw that Ponner- i didn't realise it was you shouted it.
I was actually quite disgusted by his response- especially given how innocuous your comment to him was and think its a disgrace given hes supposed to set a good example.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away)   Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:48 pm

http://gcsports.zenfolio.com/p712400135/h566c9f90#h566fb79a
Can't understand why the Wakey fans were getting so excited when Silverwood is giving the forward pass decision in this photo. Wink
Back to top Go down
cabrita
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away)   Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:01 pm

Giantdee wrote:
In the end because of the last minute scare we were "lucky to win

I'm not sure that I agree.

Assuming the ref was right and it was a forward pas then I don't see how we can say that Fartown were "lucky". Yes there are plenty of tries awarded off forward passes, but the rules do say that their try shouldn't be awarded after a forward pass. Luck isn't involved, it's correct application of the rules. In reality the only team that could have been unlucky are Fartown, had that pass been overlooked and a try been awarded. It's unlucky to lose a close match in the last minute to a try that never was.
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away)   Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away) EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:26 pm

cabrita wrote:
Giantdee wrote:
In the end because of the last minute scare we were "lucky to win

I'm not sure that I agree.

Assuming the ref was right and it was a forward pas then I don't see how we can say that Fartown were "lucky". Yes there are plenty of tries awarded off forward passes, but the rules do say that their try shouldn't be awarded after a forward pass. Luck isn't involved, it's correct application of the rules. In reality the only team that could have been unlucky are Fartown, had that pass been overlooked and a try been awarded. It's unlucky to lose a close match in the last minute to a try that never was.

I was standing at the far end of the pitch, just at the "bus shelter", coming out of the game I had no idea whether the pass was forward or not, but it felt "lucky". Where I was stood I clearly saw Jerry's third try, which most certainly was not a forward pass, Jerry was 2-3 yards behind Robbo and Robbo was never behind the ball. It was a very good pass.

Having watched the highlights, the Wakey forward pass was about 3 yards forward from a stationary passer, not even close.

So I agree we were not really lucky, but we didn't play great, it was a closer match than it could/should have been and there is no doubt in my mind that Silverwood would have allowed the last try for leeds. So it definately felt lucky.
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away)   Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away) EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:46 pm

ponner wrote:
Tight game but my moment was when I called out to Fox if he wanted something to cover his knees seen as the rest of his body was covered. To which he bit and showed me the finger Very Happy

Oh god that was class! we were stood in front of you Very Happy If I see you again at a game ill deffo say Hi and have a chat Smile

But yeah deffo when SIlverwood called forward on Wakefields try.
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away)   Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away) EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:53 pm

Giant-Dragon wrote:
ponner wrote:

Oh god that was class! we were stood in front of you Very Happy If I see you again at a game ill deffo say Hi and have a chat Smile
I noticed you stood in front of me during the game but didn't think you'd recognize me in my onesie that was zipped up to my nose to keep me warm Wink
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away)   Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away) EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:14 pm

ponner wrote:
Giant-Dragon wrote:
ponner wrote:

I noticed you stood in front of me during the game but didn't think you'd recognize me in my onesie that was zipped up to my nose to keep me warm Wink

I only noticed after a while and was like "Damn I should have had a chat" if I see you Sun ill have a chat Smile felt really rude that I didn't
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away)   Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away) Empty

Back to top Go down

Moment of The Match V Wakefield (Away)
Page 1 of 1