Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wigan match this SATURDAY

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Wigan match this SATURDAY Empty
PostSubject: Wigan match this SATURDAY   Wigan match this SATURDAY EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 9:55 pm

So KO is 3pm on Saturday now Town are through to the next round and on Sunday. Sad

I think it will be a really big test of what we can expect later in the season. Some pundits think Wigan are not quite the team of last season, but they are still one of the favourites for the grand final. Win or lose its not too important at this stage, but how we match them up front, for speed and especially in the halves will be a good indicator for future success.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Wigan match this SATURDAY   Wigan match this SATURDAY EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:27 pm

I hope they can somehow get the playing surface dried out before Saturday,otherwise it's going to be another grind-fest like last Sunday.Temps set to rise as of now which should help.

Heavy conditions would probably favour us,but I'd still like it to be dry and mud free so we can see some RL football getting played.

Watching that game against Warrington,Wigan use constant second man plays from the ruck as soon as they get into the opposition half,try to suck defenders into the middle to get space for Tomkins on the outside.On the other edge Goulding puts on left foot step,drifts right and then pass out of back of outside arm to Charnley.We are going to have to defend in a disciplined way against that 2nd man play tactic,which seemed to be their only tactic.Wigan were getting 3rd man into tackle on legs and in so doing turtling the tackled player,but Saints could not turtle our forwards so we wait and see if they have success against us doing that.No Hock takes a lot of aggression out of Wigan.

Not sure they was too much we learned from last Sunday,shocking conditions,pitch and weather meant we just hand to grind them down.Eorl at 13 on the rampage as another prop was a smart move.

Fairly confident of a win IF we defend disciplined enough,but if it becomes an even contest I hope to see us put on good structured attack to break them down,but as I said if it's a boggy pitch that won't help,and it might have to be a grind.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Wigan match this SATURDAY   Wigan match this SATURDAY EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 9:28 pm

On SKY Eddie & Stevo suggest that the ball shouldn't be kicked to Tomkins but i'd bombard him with high balls which he is very shaky under, knock his confidence and knock ten shades of sh** out of him when he attempts to catch one of the high balls. Anything like a performance against St.Helens will be good enough for me and a chance of taking thew points.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Wigan match this SATURDAY   Wigan match this SATURDAY EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 11:36 am

Tomkins appeared in some pain against Wire, ribs don't heal that quickly. He is as brave as anyone, but that could be his undoing.

Given the likely conditions I would like to see Mullally play, if we can best their pack they will be very wary of us later on this season.

Mustn't underestimate them, but if we approach this correctly I fancy us to win this one by 8-10 points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wigan match this SATURDAY   Wigan match this SATURDAY Empty

Back to top Go down

Wigan match this SATURDAY
Page 1 of 1