Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Under the radar?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Under the radar?   Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:43 pm

Next season? Could we be?

I am pleased witrh signings we have made (and not made in the case of half backs, decent player though Gale is I don't see him as an upgrade over Grix and he has similar defensive problems, why waste the money?). It seems to me that many in the world of RL are predicting us to go backwards next year, but we have addressed our biggest weakness in significantly upgrading forward power.

For the last 2/3 seasons the RL world have looked on us to potentially break into the small group genuinely contending for trophies, we have not lived up to those expectations. It appears to me that our squad looks just as good as the last 2/3 years but with more power, yet the expectations from outside are not there. I kinda like that. There will be loads of pressure on Hull and Saints, Wire's experienced group are a year older as are Leeds, Wigan are a bit of an unknown but can that club ever be pressure free?

Need we fear any of those clubs? I don't think so, respect yes, fear no. I quite fancy a quiet season doing a bit of a Saints by picking up regular points and being right in the mix come September/October without people ever really talking about us (other than our victorious Wembley march of course)
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Under the radar?   Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:14 pm

No need to fear,yet I just think the Lancs trio will probably finish 1,2 & 3 again.We will be battling for 4,5 & 6 with Hull FC,Rhinos & Catalans.If we hadn't strengthened our pack then I think we would have been lower than that.

See a much better season for Landan,a big struggle for Salford unless they get new investment quick.Bratfud looks like they might need a while to consolidate.

I'll go for a final table of -

Warrington
Wigan
Saints
FC
Giants
Leeds
Catalans
Wakefield
Landan
KR
Bradford
Cas
Widnes
Salford

As ever though really it's about peaking at play off time,like the Rhinos do.
Back to top Go down
Clock-Face-Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Under the radar?   Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:24 pm

Think Wigan have lost too much experience whilst tony rea got London playing well at the back end of the season my table would be

Wire
Saints
Hull
Catalan
Leeds
Giants
Wigan
Broncos
Hull kr
Widnes
Wakes
Cas
Bulls
Salford

Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Under the radar?   Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:21 pm

I think we could sneak under the radar. We finished last season so badly expectations are not particularly high, however confidence has improved due to the signings made and the return of Lunt. In my opinion we are still missing a half back to complete the squad. Still with the potential forward power we have any half decent half back should make a positive contribution and in Robbo and Brough we have that and a bit more. I would be tempted to stick with Eden at full back to create that something a bit different when joining the line.

Still think Wigan, Wire, Saints, Hull, Leeds, Cats also look strong, but we should hopefully be in and around those clubs next year.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Under the radar?   Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:53 pm

matt01 wrote:
I think we could sneak under the radar. We finished last season so badly expectations are not particularly high, however confidence has improved due to the signings made and the return of Lunt. In my opinion we are still missing a half back to complete the squad. Still with the potential forward power we have any half decent half back should make a positive contribution and in Robbo and Brough we have that and a bit more. I would be tempted to stick with Eden at full back to create that something a bit different when joining the line.

Still think Wigan, Wire, Saints, Hull, Leeds, Cats also look strong, but we should hopefully be in and around those clubs next year.

I hope he goes with Eden as well Matt, We know he can make mistakes but he can also do good things, he deserves a proper run to see if he can fulfill his potential, Grix is decent backup and Murphy is good cover for the wings, I wish we had managed to find a class stand off, but Robbo and Brough could do alright behind a pack on the front foot, If the forwards are like last season 2nd half it won't matter about the halves,they will do nothing ,but i don't expect that to happen with the signings we have made.

I haven't renewed my Season ticket this time as i expect to be playing a fair amount of Sunday golf, however i expect i shall see a lot more matches than what i miss, I know it will cost me more but i know i wont be able to resist on the day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Under the radar?   

Back to top Go down

Under the radar?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: