Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OT/ Bulls get SL 2013

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

OT/ Bulls get SL 2013 Empty
PostSubject: OT/ Bulls get SL 2013    OT/ Bulls get SL 2013 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 7:55 pm

What a surprise. Like this wasn't a done deal months ago.

Go to the other forum & see the hypocritical rantings of the Bulls fans...really shows them in their true light. From passing the hat around & abject grovelling a couple of months ago to Masters of the Universe now. King for a day, eh?

Quite possibly the WORST fans in RL. No self awareness at all.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: OT/ Bulls get SL 2013    OT/ Bulls get SL 2013 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 9:58 pm

No surprise at all. The options were let Bradford sink and possibly die, promote Featherstone or Fax who bring nothing much different to the league or go down to a 13 team SL.

I would have gone to a 13 team SL and let Bradford prove themselves in the lower leagues before the next proper franchise.

By letting Bradford off, they have basically said the biggest sides can gamble as much as they like, the price for getting it wrong is not the same as the rest.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: OT/ Bulls get SL 2013    OT/ Bulls get SL 2013 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 10:15 pm

Thing is matt01, as far as I can fathom it anyway, the RL couldn't promote Fev without relegating Cas or Wakey as there would be too many SL teams in too small a catchment area, so that one was always a non-starter for me.

And the RL couldn't promote Fax ahead of Fev & keep a straight face, so Bradford were always a shoe in. I said on another thread, when the RL bought the lease on Odsal the deal was done, & it gives me no satisfaction to assume that I was correct, along with many others on here.

It's a joke.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: OT/ Bulls get SL 2013    OT/ Bulls get SL 2013 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:00 am

I can see the reasons for not allowing Featherstone or Fax in yet, but why not simply go to a 13 team SL. Teams get the odd week off, we could bring in more rep games or have other creative on the road type games to fill the gap, plus clubs wouldn't be much worse off as the TV money would be split between less clubs.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: OT/ Bulls get SL 2013    OT/ Bulls get SL 2013 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:03 pm

To be honest I never saw it ending any other way, He who pays the piper calls the tune, And Sky are the one's keeping Rugby league alive, so theirs will have been the biggest input. The game stopped being about sport some time ago, as have just about every other pro sport, League was always a bit different and was regarded as a family and working mans game, Unfortunately those days are gone and It's easy to see how some of us have become very disillusioned and fed up with the game. By and large it's the best game there is on the field ( at least from the players ) The rest of it is the Pitts.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: OT/ Bulls get SL 2013    OT/ Bulls get SL 2013 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:15 pm

Just as an extra to what i have just posted, I don't expect the Bulls to last long again, They will be ok as long as the fans turn up in big numbers but to be honest you have to have a lot of money to run a Super league club, Certainly a lot more than a couple of Restaurants, Personally, and it;s only my opinion but I see Bradford as a yesterday city, There is little or no money in the place ( How long has that hole in the centre been there ? ) Huge areas of the place are run down and shambolic, Contrast that with Leeds or Manchester where there are always new projects , Might not seem relevant but i reckon It's all linked.
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: OT/ Bulls get SL 2013    OT/ Bulls get SL 2013 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:54 pm

Someone was telling me last night that apparently Leeds are £4.2million in debt..... if its true then it looks like save bulls this year and save leeds next to make it look fair.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: OT/ Bulls get SL 2013    OT/ Bulls get SL 2013 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:45 pm

Meltham Giant wrote:
Someone was telling me last night that apparently Leeds are £4.2million in debt..... if its true then it looks like save bulls this year and save leeds next to make it look fair.

I would make a guess that all but maybe 3 Super league clubs are heavily in debt, My guess would be Wigan, Warrington and maybe Hull, Bradford's problem was that the bank pulled the plug when they sold the lease of the Crater, Clubs can run quite steadily in debt as long as they can service the debt, when they can't ,they go down the tubes Just like Fartown will when KD pulls the plug unless he finds someone to buy the club.
Without Sky the whole game would go down the pan as a pro sport, The best thing that could happen to League is that some one would go into competition with Sky but it doesn't seem like it will happen unfortunately.

I thought i had read somwhere that Francis Cummings had already been told that he was working with a very tight budget, As long as Bradford do well the fans will turn up, when they have a bad run they will not, just like most clubs, but it's not going to be easy to win things in Super league on a tight budget, No one knows better than us It's not easy on the full cap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT/ Bulls get SL 2013    OT/ Bulls get SL 2013 Empty

Back to top Go down

OT/ Bulls get SL 2013
Page 1 of 1