Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CC semi final vs Warrington

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

CC semi final vs Warrington Empty
PostSubject: CC semi final vs Warrington   CC semi final vs Warrington EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 5:08 am

Anyone giving us a prayer in this one now? Must admit I'm not very confident going into it,and felt the same before the Cas performance.If Briers is missing for Wire I think our chances would improve enormously,but I don't doubt for a minute he will be playing on Sunday.Watched the game last night vs Catalans and with him 'ill' sat in the stands it just proved how important a top class pivot is to any side.If Briers does start we must play a condensed defence imo and have our wingers smashing Brett Hodgson when he comes in on their 3:5 moves,but if our wingmen come out of the line they have got to smash him man & ball,but that is what they have not been doing well enough this season.

In open play,our edge defence has got to fly off the line and put pressure on Westwood,Waterhouse & Atkins.If I was NB I would seriously consider putting Bruno to right centre opposite Atkins.

Was impressed by the discipline of the Warrington defence last night,very few misreads as they slid across,no one jumping out of the line at decoys.

I've said it all year I don't think we show good enough attacking structures ourselves.It's gonna be very tough but who knows every dog has it's day & if our forwards can get fired up it could be ours.That is up to NB to get the forwards fired up from minute 1.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: CC semi final vs Warrington   CC semi final vs Warrington EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 8:38 am

defleppard wrote:
Anyone giving us a prayer in this one now? Must admit I'm not very confident going into it,and felt the same before the Cas performance.If Briers is missing for Wire I think our chances would improve enormously,but I don't doubt for a minute he will be playing on Sunday.Watched the game last night vs Catalans and with him 'ill' sat in the stands it just proved how important a top class pivot is to any side.If Briers does start we must play a condensed defence imo and have our wingers smashing Brett Hodgson when he comes in on their 3:5 moves,but if our wingmen come out of the line they have got to smash him man & ball,but that is what they have not been doing well enough this season.

In open play,our edge defence has got to fly off the line and put pressure on Westwood,Waterhouse & Atkins.If I was NB I would seriously consider putting Bruno to right centre opposite Atkins.

Was impressed by the discipline of the Warrington defence last night,very few misreads as they slid across,no one jumping out of the line at decoys.

I've said it all year I don't think we show good enough attacking structures ourselves.It's gonna be very tough but who knows every dog has it's day & if our forwards can get fired up it could be ours.That is up to NB to get the forwards fired up from minute 1.

Have to say they will be going to Salford more in hope than confidence DL but the C Cup is littered with shocks and upsets, Giants have nothing to loose and everything to gain, No-one gives them a chance, quite understandably ,but i can't ever remember them winning a final or a semi from the favorites position, Even 53 with a team like they had, they were slight underdogs, They have to play a good game sometime ,why not this one.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: CC semi final vs Warrington   CC semi final vs Warrington EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 5:30 pm

The pressure is very much off our players. No-one is giving them much of a chance and that's fair enough. Our forwards need to show the grit we know they can but for whatever reason haven't. Our backs need to follow Robbo and Brough looking for every opportunity to collect off loads and create broken plays. If we go behind, they must stay positive and determined.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: CC semi final vs Warrington   CC semi final vs Warrington EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:11 am

For a start maybe some of our big name back rowers should watch a tape of how Westwood runs the ball up.He is never content to just take the tackle,only wants to knock the defenders backwards.Body on the line and all that.

We are going to have to see similar from our forwards on Sunday or they can forget all about a trip to Wembley.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: CC semi final vs Warrington   CC semi final vs Warrington EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:07 pm

Dick Quicksilver is our ref.

If it had been S.Ganson I think that would have been the final straw for me.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: CC semi final vs Warrington   CC semi final vs Warrington EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 7:02 am

No Chan,misses his first game of the season.

Is he the rotten apple then,or is it LOD with his mystery injury.We can only speculate.

Consensus seems to be that Eden will be dropped & replaced at FB by Grix.Plus other positional changes as he tries to get the right combination.Rather have seen Murphy at FB myself.

Oh hum

COYG
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: CC semi final vs Warrington   CC semi final vs Warrington EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 7:48 am

We need someone safe on kicks as Wire will test whoever is at full back, lets hope plenty of training has gone into collecting and positioning for kicks as well as those around the full back to help protect him.

No Chan and no LOD, that is a lot of power missing from the back row, but it just gives others an opportunity to help the team get to Wembley and then it would be a real chance to get to play Leeds on the biggest stage of them all.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: CC semi final vs Warrington   CC semi final vs Warrington EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:40 am

matt01 wrote:
We need someone safe on kicks as Wire will test whoever is at full back, lets hope plenty of training has gone into collecting and positioning for kicks as well as those around the full back to help protect him.

No Chan and no LOD, that is a lot of power missing from the back row, but it just gives others an opportunity to help the team get to Wembley and then it would be a real chance to get to play Leeds on the biggest stage of them all.

The Leeds forwards 'stood up' when it mattered,can ours do the same.As you rightly say no LOD or Chan suggests it's going to be a very tough test for the rest of them.Got to get stuck into Westwood & Waterhouse they are real dangerous ball carriers.Also no doubt Eorl will come in for some gang tackling as they will feel he's our most dangerous forward,so guys like Doof & Mason have got to really get fired up and make up for that.

If we did get to the Wembley,I think it would be the first major final Huddersfield and Leeds have contested (not including Yorkshire Cup)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CC semi final vs Warrington   CC semi final vs Warrington Empty

Back to top Go down

CC semi final vs Warrington
Page 1 of 1