Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

@ Hull FC - R19

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

@ Hull FC - R19 Empty
PostSubject: @ Hull FC - R19   @ Hull FC - R19 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:38 am

HFC were very strong defensively in that league & cup double header back in April,but just recently they have started shipping a fair few points.Much the same can be said for us.

I thought the Broncos game overall was a pretty unconvincing performance from our pov.We got some confidence back towards the end,but for me some of the forwards are still not getting fired up to the level required.I would hope to see LOD & Fairbank return,but then again it would be expecting a lot for them to be up to top speed first game back.

Injuries are hitting us right now,McGillvary,Wardle,Faiumu & also it would seem Robinson is going to be out too.

Our attack continues to stutter.

We still have certain players capable of coming up with some individual brilliance though,so we are always a threat,but have to say on current form I'm not over confident of our chances going into this one.

( £25 entry fee,no less,into the KC stadium Shocked )

Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

@ Hull FC - R19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Hull FC - R19   @ Hull FC - R19 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:09 am

Need to start a build up of momentum towards the challenge cup semi final, which IMO I feel is our only real chance of silverware this year.

A win at Hull and Cas are what we need, the forwards dominating and allowing the backs the chance to get back to the free flowing rugby we were playing early doors.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

@ Hull FC - R19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Hull FC - R19   @ Hull FC - R19 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:27 am

Well no Robbo in the squad as expected,or Fairbank,but LOD returns as does Fooey.

Unfortunately our 'mobile free flowing RL' of the early rounds was rumbled by the other clubs,and they started to use rush defence on the edges to force us back up the middle.Maybe if NB had not openly expressed his plans before the start of the season that might have paid dividends.

Robbo will be missed,very dangerous player,yet hasn't got out of dummy half as often lately,for my liking,and he always gets picked on by big forwards running at him,though he shirks nothing.

Anyone who watched Warrington t'other night must know they won't put on a shoddy performance like that in the semi.Also while I'm at it,why can't we attack like Salford do.

Agree though,the cup is our real chance of silverware.

Anyroad,this would be my pick for today :-

FB Murphy
RW Lawrence
RC Cudjoe
LC Brown
LW George
SO Grix
SH Brough
LF O' Donnell
RSR Ferguson
LSR Chan
PF Mason
HK Moore
PF Crabtree

Interchange -
HK Lee
PF Faiumu
PF Patrick
PF/SR Gilmour
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

@ Hull FC - R19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Hull FC - R19   @ Hull FC - R19 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:26 pm

Sounded close and physical. Brown pleased with the performance if not the result. It does sound like we are heading in the right direction and with Wire messing up the semi final seems like a possibility once more.

Its a good job Bradford will get a points deduction at some point because without it finishing outside the top 8 is a real likelihood.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

@ Hull FC - R19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Hull FC - R19   @ Hull FC - R19 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 12:51 am

If we win at Wembley I don't give a hoot, think that's our most realistic chance of any silverware to be honest.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

@ Hull FC - R19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Hull FC - R19   @ Hull FC - R19 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:41 am

Another 2 comp points we let slip on the back of those vs Salford & Widnes.Suppose Tickle has to be given credit for that almost inch perfect short kick off,I don't accept that Luke G was to blame as he would have been carried into touch almost definitely had he caught it so near the touchline side.Short kick offs continue to be a problem for us.

A much improved performance defensively in this one,especially up the middle of the ruck.The first up contact was much stronger than recently,and people at the collision were slipping down the body to stop the leg drive.On attack the forwards were carrying the ball up with much improved vigour.

Unfortunately at the same time we came up with too many basic errors that gave HFC the field position,and unfortunately they were able to convert enough of the chances to win - just.

Moore was outstanding in his first spell & Lee was also very solid as his replacement.All the packmen did well for my money.LOD as tough as he ever was,great to have him back.

We did some good things on attack,like the way we worked the Leroy try,with some decoy running off the ball ,but overall,once again not going to structure often enough for my liking.HFC's attack was also poor for the most part,Suppose I am comparing both attacks with that you see from the likes of Wigan & Warrington,but that is the high benchmark they have to aim for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

@ Hull FC - R19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Hull FC - R19   @ Hull FC - R19 Empty

Back to top Go down

@ Hull FC - R19
Page 1 of 1