Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

HKR

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: HKR   Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:16 pm

Not going to be an easy game by any means, They are on a bit of a roll while we are on a bit of a downer. Everything about this game feels wrong, Monday night and no doubt clashing with some football match, Kids at school so ruling many of them out, all contributing to probably a poor crowd, KR wont bring the numbers they would on a Sunday either, and on top of all that we rarely play well on TV, so all things being equal not the best of prospects.

All that said we have enough class in the team to win this one, K Brown should be back and only Wardle is missing ( apart from the regular absentees) Hopefully it will just be a case of slotting Murphy in place of Wardle and all the rest playing in their own familiar spots, Don't know if it will work out that way with NB at the moment, I hope so because he seems to me to be undoing all the good work he has done with the club and with individual players particularly.

Whatever the team he selects It is absolutely vital they put in a good performance, they need to get the points in this one if they are to avoid tumbling down the league, We do have the men to do it, if they can keep Dobson quiet they will be half way there, as always it will depend on the forwards getting field position and giving the backs half a chance. With the expected small crowd it will be very important to let the players know we are there, we have to make some noise, No matter how disappointed people were at last weeks showing ( and disappointed was putting it mildly in my case ) anyone who goes down on Monday has to make some noise, if not ,might as well watch it on TV, It must make a difference to the players, and even if it finishes up similar to last week and the cheering peters out, the crowd can at least start them off right, and let them know they have some fans.

We are at a bit of a crossroads at the moment, we have quite a few winnable games in the next few weeks, our season could kick on or go right down the pan, If we are to have any chance at all in the CC it's vital we get some form back, Anyone not going down, I can totally understand why , but if you are going down Monday night, make sure every body knows you are there especially the team.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: HKR   Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:40 am

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record,imo until we are more consistently efficient with our attacking structures/organisation we are going to fall short.Just watch the way Wigan (especially) and Warrington set up for their moves,all the players - halves,receivers and decoy runners all know their roles and are supremely well drilled when it comes to timings and angles getting run.First two tries by the Goons at ours are a perfect example.Okay Tomkins is a really dangerous runner,but they got him one on one against our weakest defender,by creating the space for him with the structured lead up play.

Again,and it's only my two cents worth,but when our defensive intensity starts to drop slightly from the very high standards we set at the beginning of a campaign,then because of our faltering attack it means the other teams,including the likes of Widnes & Salford - (who imo are better with ball in hand than defensively) - are right back in with a chance against us.

As for Rovers,notice that Green is injured which is a blow for them.We could win this game if our desensive desire is back to what it was,and our forwards come out and dominate,that might prove too much for KR.A few changes to our squad though too,and not through injury.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: HKR   Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:48 pm

Well I only watched it on the TV, but something is wrong, really wrong. We looked totally out of sorts. Defence, what defence? How can quality players look so bad so suddenly? We have talent, perhaps we don't have enough of the muscle. Many fans said we looked light, but it was described as mobile and the new interchange rules meant it was an advantage. Not looking so much of an advantage at the moment. Mason missing again, if he is on form and fit he would have helped. Not sure what Nathan can do, but something needs doing we can't keep the same old same old.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: HKR   Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:13 pm

matt01 wrote:
Well I only watched it on the TV, but something is wrong, really wrong. We looked totally out of sorts. Defence, what defence? How can quality players look so bad so suddenly? We have talent, perhaps we don't have enough of the muscle. Many fans said we looked light, but it was described as mobile and the new interchange rules meant it was an advantage. Not looking so much of an advantage at the moment. Mason missing again, if he is on form and fit he would have helped. Not sure what Nathan can do, but something needs doing we can't keep the same old same old.

The ball is in K Davy's court i would say Matt, Our previous coach got the boot for exactly the sort of thing we are now getting from NB. That was an embarrassment, with the exception of 2 or 3 players I was ashamed of them. The pack was so completely outclassed it was a joke, It's hard to believe what a truly poor side we have become in such a short time, I don't see how NB can turn this round, This is not just a lack of confidence It's something far worse, I really don't think he can do any more for us, the bottom 6 is beginning to beckon, who can we say with any confidence we can get some points off.
Maybe tomorrows Examiner will have a different story to the usual tosh .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HKR   

Back to top Go down

HKR
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: