Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scotty Moore

Go down 
+5
penninegiant
bostock
sparky
Giantdee
matt01
9 posters
AuthorMessage
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Scotty Moore Empty
PostSubject: Scotty Moore   Scotty Moore EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:40 pm

So we have signed the troubled Scott Moore. Not sure what to make of this. He started on fire for us, but by the end of his stay he was very average. He then showed glimpses of his talent at Saints, but they decided he wasn't worth the gamble and now Widnes don't want him. I am sure there will be some sort of release clause if he does make more 'mistakes' and if he can regain his original form for us he will be a real addition to the squad.

What is more strange is he seems to be a straight swap for Lunty. Lunty now looks to be loaned out to make space in the cap, but its not like we are losing a back for a hooker, they play a very similar role and there have been times when Lunt has been a real talent for us too. If Brown feels he can turn Scott round why doesn't he feel he can help Lunt regain his previous excellent form?
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Scotty Moore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scotty Moore   Scotty Moore EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 7:27 pm

Interesting one, it appears from Richard Thewlis' comments that salary cap savings will be used to extend other contracts. I assume that is Greg Eden. If so then perhaps not such a strange decision

I would though rather Lunt did not go to Leeds, McShane is poor and we are strengthening a significant rivals weakness
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Scotty Moore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scotty Moore   Scotty Moore EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:02 pm

If it means we can tie Eden up on a long term contract then it might be worth it, but as you say we are now providing strength to one of our main rivals. Surely also it means Lunt not leaving on loan, but on a permanent deal to help with the cap if the plan is to tie Eden up for a few years.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Scotty Moore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scotty Moore   Scotty Moore EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:58 pm

Think Lunt is off to Widnes? That's the rumour now, seems the Rhinos thing was just talk, but who knows?
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Scotty Moore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scotty Moore   Scotty Moore EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 10:09 pm

A few whinos fans i know say it will be confirmed lunt at leeds before the end of the week!! but only on loan.
personally i would have lunt before moore. Neutral Neutral
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Scotty Moore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scotty Moore   Scotty Moore EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:56 pm

and me!!

His failing in my opinion is he regularly runs along the line "probing"? and when theres no way out tends to give panic or suicide passes

Maybe they can change him -but how much ?

In which case the financial angle may be the only benefit - and you dont send tenners out on the field!
Back to top Go down
giantsfan
Ballboy
Ballboy
giantsfan

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-03-01

Scotty Moore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scotty Moore   Scotty Moore EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:39 am

I would have Shaun Lunt over Scott Moore anyday he's a better player and always has been. I'm from Workington where Lunt used to play ive always watched them nd when Lunt was in form he looked the best hooker in England after James Roby
i Think Nathen has made a mistake sending him out to Leeds and Bringing Scott Moore in we have to many halfs no wonder Lunt isnt getting his spot in the first team and he's not gonna when we keep on signing more.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Scotty Moore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scotty Moore   Scotty Moore EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:19 pm

If we have been able to free money up from Lunt going to Leeds then we have not hung about in spending it as Bobby Fairbanks has just been given a contract extension. Still does this mean we don't expect Lunt to be returning to us after his loan spell? Otherwise how do we get to stay under the cap?
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Scotty Moore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scotty Moore   Scotty Moore EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Moore and Lee both only have contracts to the end of the season, so Shaun could return at their expense.

I am not saying he is coming back, nor that he isn't, that will be decided by SL & PA later in the year
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-06-16

Scotty Moore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scotty Moore   Scotty Moore EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 3:54 pm

of course if we get to the CC cup final we have a bit more money to spare. Wink

I like lunt but i can see how moore fits our new style of play. He isnt as quick running from DH but His ball skills are better and he has something of a kicking game - he can also fit into a range of positions - and we know how NB likes his utility players!

also it looks as if releasing lunt has finally enabled us to get fairbanks' signature and hopefully there will be a bit left to improve edens deal.
faalogo and faiumu will play their last season with us next year and they will release a huge amount of cash. Fairbank will fill in for doof, lunt for fooey! sorted!!!!
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Scotty Moore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scotty Moore   Scotty Moore EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:18 am

I really liked Moore for us when on loan.Thing was back then he was used as a playmaker from dummy half.This year we have no less than 3 playmakers on the paddock already,so what style NB will want to utilize (Stevoism) him in now we wait and see.

Always remember him being a good defender,quick line speed,often the first one leading the line up into collision.

His form did fall away towards the end of his spell at the Pharm though.

Having seen him playing for Widnes at Warrington,the first thing they need to do is get him fit.Taken out of his home environment (Lancashire) hopefully he will settle down and get his priorities back in order.

Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Scotty Moore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scotty Moore   Scotty Moore EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 2:09 pm

Anyone any doubts about Lunts quality, watch last nights game at Leeds, Maybe NB doesn't have enough love and attention for both him and Moore. If it results in a long term contract for Eden so be it, Lunt can come back next season at the expence of Fa-alogo or someone else.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Scotty Moore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scotty Moore   Scotty Moore EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 7:02 pm

Luke Robinson is the toughest dummy half in Super League,as well as one of the most skillful,When he goes off for a spell you need some grunt to wrap up the middle of the ruck,not another ball player.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scotty Moore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scotty Moore   Scotty Moore Empty

Back to top Go down

Scotty Moore
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: