Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hull KR up next

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Hull KR up next   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:48 am

Who's going? Should be a tough game as they only just lost out at the weekend to a tough Catalans side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
http://giants.aforumfree.com
chuckster

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Hull KR up next   Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:02 pm

word of warning here peeps...the usual 'golf' stand for away fans has now gone and the club are only selling standing tickets at 18 which we fear is for the terrace behind the opposite posts - the one where its below pitch level and about 50 metres just to the end of the pitch !! you cant see a thing in there.

Waiting for comfirmation from HKR as to what area tickets are for !
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/dazeastwood?v=feed&story_fbid=13
cabrita
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Hull KR up next   Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:46 pm

ponner wrote:
Who's going? Should be a tough game as they only just lost out at the weekend to a tough Catalans side.

I listened to the Cats vs HKR game on Radio Humberside, and if HKR play like they did this last weekend we'll win easily. Technically they were still in the game right until the end, but that's about all. Their first try can be chalked down to poor Cats defence, the second a well taken opportunity but lucky in the extreme. Cats kick close to the HKR try line caught over his head by an unmarked Welham, who only had to run the length of the field to score. They created nothing at all in the second half. And that's from the Radio Humberside commentators who are delightful to listen to but strongly biased in favour of the Humberside teams.

If we turn up to play this weekend I'll be confident of a win.
Back to top Go down
chuckster

PostSubject: Re: Hull KR up next   Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:55 pm

Just had it confirmed we ARE in the South Terrace !!! cannot believe the audacity of that club !
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Hull KR up next   Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:05 pm

chuckster wrote:
Just had it confirmed we ARE in the South Terrace !!! cannot believe the audacity of that club !
Thanks for the heads up. With it being a Sunday afternoon I was going to go, but that view isn't even worth the petrol money.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Hull KR up next   Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:13 pm

I'll still go work permitting. Can't do without my Giants fix if I can at all help it, rubbish view or not.
Back to top Go down
chuckster

PostSubject: Re: Hull KR up next   Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:03 am

all my lot are giving this a miss. no way am i paying to go in there !!
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Hull KR up next   Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:20 am

I'm going to this one seen as I had to miss cas game. Going to as many games as i can get to this year

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Hull KR up next   Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:09 pm

It'll be the first game of this season I miss, I was umming and arring about going anyway due to finances and saving my money for the Leeds away the following friday but now the "stand" we're in is what it is I'm defo not going. Talk about taking liberties, they can't even sell tickets for a tenner in that stand and yet we've got no choice other than pay 22 and stand with the KR lot. And that's a scandolous price to stand! Had the Golf stand remained it would've been 22 btw!

What is it with the Hull clubs fleecing their fans off? I'm not surprised the fans are staying away, and then they say they don't get away numbers well reduce your bloody prices then!!!
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 785

PostSubject: Re: Hull KR up next   Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:28 pm

Shall be there.

South stand looks like it will be then,at least it's a shorter walk to the soccer sensations club.

Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Hull KR up next   Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:19 pm

I'm going +2, not sure I have three sets of binoculars though
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Hull KR up next   Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:43 pm

Well that one was lost by coaching decisions, Giants were rampant until we took all our props off - against what must be the biggest pack in Super League.

25 minutes of stupidity later they have scored four more times and we look good when Eorl & Larne return.

Great coach he is, but that today was on Nathan Brown
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player

PostSubject: Re: Hull KR up next   Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:52 pm

Seems strange that one. Why play without props on the pitch unless they were injured?
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Hull KR up next   Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:58 am

What to say? by the finish it became like one of those performances we had to endure towards the end of last season.Dropping off tackles,poor line speed and the defensive resolve on our goal line gone awol.

First quarter of the game so different, targetting HKR down their right edge and having a field day.The two forrad passes he pulled back no chance of knowing from the south stand.That would have been the game.Greg Eden's goof up then changed the game,what was he thinking of.
Fair play to him though he didn't try and hide after that.18 - 6 was never a winning lead as it proved.Our own right edge defence then got targetted and failed the test.

Overall,Robbo scoots out of dummy half were hugely missed,Gilmour's metres also.We didn't take the odds to going wide at every opportunity like we have done so far this time.When we did go wide the structure we have noted this time wasn't evident.

Injuries disrupted us,HKR have some big lads in their team and when that Paea came on he made a huge difference to their go forward that we struggled to cope with.

Looks like there will have to be be some changes for Leeds on Friday.
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Hull KR up next   Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:01 am

No injuries to our props, Eorl & Larne started, we got parity down the middle and ripped them apart down our left-wing. 3 tries and at least that bombed. Larne replaced by Doof on about 20 & Eorl by Fooey about 30. With those two off our pack was absolutely battered. Ship steadied when they returned about 15 into the second half. In that time we went from 18-6 to 18-30.

That is where the game was lost and all that time Tony Tonks was sat on the bench?

Sometimes you have to think about what the opposition will do. In our selection and game adjustments we failed in this game. Its gone now but we need to learn from that.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Hull KR up next   Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:22 am

Yeah maybe Tonks should have come on earlier, HKR started to get a roll on and the forwards minus Eorl started to struggle badly.

I'm hoping Robinson,Fairbank & Gilmour will all return on Friday,especially Robinson,he is so dangerous out of dh and works the short side well.Looks like Doofy is going to be missing for another spell.Tommy Lee will have to cover for KB it would seem.

Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Hull KR up next   Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:37 am

Well our 'tries' chalked off for forward passes weren't shown on SLFT,however the Dodgy 'try' and the Latus 'try' were definitely the result of forward passes in the build up.

Luke G. claims very animatedly that he got the first touch after Eden rolled the ball back into the in goal.

Our right edge defence was shocking,I hope NB gives them a right roasting this week or Leeds will get a hat full of points down that flank on Friday.Some of them just don't seem to have their 'defensive heads on' in certain games for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player

PostSubject: Re: Hull KR up next   Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:05 pm

Can anyone tell me how much game time did Tonks get? Did he show promise?
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Hull KR up next   Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:04 pm

Tonks got about 10 minutes, impossible to judge his promise as the match had got desperate by the time he came on. I think he deserved a better chance to prove himself.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hull KR up next   

Back to top Go down

Hull KR up next
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: