Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Wakey chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Wakey chat   Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 am

Who's going?

How do you think we will do?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Wakey chat   Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:26 am

Me and the Grandson will be going, I am not expecting a walk over and hopefully the team aren't either, We should be far too good for them but the team still have to turn up, I'm sure they will still remember last year when our season began to fall apart on this game.

Players on both sides will be trying to prove something i reckon so should add a bit of something to it, I think if we man up like we did against Wolves or Saints we will be different class, Hope it turns out that way.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 785

PostSubject: Re: Wakey chat   Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:54 pm

Shall be there.

Watched the Wakefield v Bradford game t'other week,Wakefield came out strong and looked like they were gonna be all over Bradford,but when Wakey started 'spelling' their run on forwards,the pendulum swung totally the other way and Bradford then looked very dominant.

A game we really should be looking to win,no complacency,and with it being a local derby I think we will be well up for it.Of course if it's played in a monsoon like last year it will even things up.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Wakey chat   Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:04 pm

Player for player we should have enough, but of course it does mean each player playing to his potential.

We need to play sensible rugby for the first 20 minutes or so. Hopefully as the game goes on we can cut them open. I'd be tempted to start with Lunt and bring Robbo on against a tiring defence.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Wakey chat   Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:59 pm

I'm off, think we will be too strong for them but need to keep an eye on that Ailton fella who looks ok, play as well as we can and should beat em by about 30
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player

PostSubject: Re: Wakey chat   Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:06 pm

You know Raleigh and Kirmond will be up for the challenge. I think Southern is a good forward too. We will have to be tough up front and if Tim Smith has his one outstanding game a season this weekend then we could be in trouble.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Wakey chat   Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:22 pm

As far as I can see, the only team that can beat Huddersfield Giants this weekend is Huddersfield Giants. We are a far superior team right across the park. If we go there with the right attitude & determination it should be a solid victory. BUT if we go there thinking we just have to turn up & collect the points then we may well get an embarrassing dose of reality.

We are much better than Shakey, but we still must put in the effort & attitude we saw v Pies, Saints, Wire, Widnes.

What Shakey do is of no worry to me, we've got them cowed right across the board. It's what we do, or don't do, that I'm worried about. If Shakey win then it will be our fault 'cos imo they simply aren't in a position to outlplay us, it would be a case of us throwing it away.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Wakey chat   Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:11 am

Agree with the above ^

If we do go into this one at all complacent,all that hard work put in to defeat Wigan & Saints will have been squandered to a great extent.

If the commitment to defence at Wakefield is like it has been in the first 5 rounds there should be no problems.

13 degrees centigrade on Sunday,part sun/part cloud (they are forecasting)
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Wakey chat   Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:29 pm

defleppard wrote:
Agree with the above ^

If we do go into this one at all complacent,all that hard work put in to defeat Wigan & Saints will have been squandered to a great extent.

If the commitment to defence at Wakefield is like it has been in the first 5 rounds there should be no problems.

Rain it is then lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
http://giants.aforumfree.com
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Wakey chat   Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:32 am

ponner wrote:
defleppard wrote:
Agree with the above ^

Rain it is then lol

Crackingt' flags here in Hudders just now,no doubt though still chucking it down in Wakefield (as per usual)
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Wakey chat   Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:23 pm

Well we won but that has to be one of the most boring and flat games ive been to for a while.

Back to top Go down
http://giants.aforumfree.com
matt01
GB Player
GB Player

PostSubject: Re: Wakey chat   Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:01 pm

Wakey had a defensive pattern that worked in patches. They tried to force us down the middle and if they had been more disciplined and more organised at it, they would have caused us even more problems. We need to learn how we will attack against that system, because the likes of Warrington will be able to execute that much better than Wakey.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Wakey chat   Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:59 pm

Well, we won this game without even moving out of 2nd gear imo. I felt we were unlucky to concede 14 points as the ref gave Shakey every opportunity to stay in the game. The first try, where Child awarded them 5 sets in a row on our tryline (often giving a pen on the 5th tackle) only came from an absurdly unnatural weight of possession & there was a question mark over the pass for one of the other tries.

A funny game, with all our playmakers seemingly misfiring, and yet we still won with room to spare. Even with just a 4 point gap midway through the 2nd half I never thought we looked like losing.

Good see a healthy away support today.
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Wakey chat   Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:39 pm

I thought we did ok but we need to stop taking teams for granted! When Jerry went in for his second alot of people thought it would be a walk in but credit to Wakey who never stopped trying.

Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Wakey chat   Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:24 am

We should have been out of sight before half time.Fooey not passing to Grix when he made that bust,and then Murphy getting in front of Grix causing a forward pass after the fine team break down the left channel.Two great chances that were totally butchered.

Scrappy game,littered with mistakes and too much whistle.

Defensively solid once again,it was only when injuries caused us to have to make positional changes on our left edge that Wakefield got a sniff.

Think Robinson was a big miss today,his scoots out of dh are so important to take us forward around the ruck,especially now we are employing the expansive side to side ball movement.

McGillvary had a fine game I thought,took the two tries well and some typically punishing drives on our exit sets.

Final word to our old boy Andy Raleigh,thought he was Wakefield's best forward.Lot's of carries and often winning the ruck.
Back to top Go down
cabrita
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Wakey chat   Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:16 pm

Meltham Giant wrote:
we need to stop taking teams for granted!

Very true. We've been guilty of that too much in the past, and ended up losing games that ought to have been straightforward wins (at least on paper).

All teams can learn from Wigan's loss yesterday. They thought Widnes would be a push over, rested a lot of their first team players (5 I think), and fielded a weakened team. Not that having a weakened team necessarily means losing, as our win at Wigan proves, but those that are on the field have to play like they want to win, not like they expect to win.

It's now our chance to be complacent on Friday. On paper we ought to beat Castleford easily, but Cas are playing better than their position in the table suggests. Take them lightly and we might well lose. Respect ham as a team and we'll have our sixth win out of seven.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wakey chat   

Back to top Go down

Wakey chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: