Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saints chat

Go down 
+7
defleppard
BO JANGLES
reidy
Jools
Meltham Giant
matt01
ponner
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:36 pm

Another massive game on Sunday. Who should be dropped? Who should come in? Will we break the 10k mark? Has everyone had the letter from the Giants about using the vouchers to bring a friend? All other Saints chat.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 6:07 pm

No letter to me yet. It would be great to top 10k, Sunday afternoon so no real excuse not to at least get close. Not sure what the line up should be as I only heard the London game on the radio, but I do think one or two changes are needed to keep people on their toes.

Saints will be smarting after they let the cats game slip through their fingers, so I guess they will be coming to the pharm very determined.
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:35 am

I have a spare ticket if anyone needs one.
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-06-16

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:25 am

Another close game I feel. We need our forwards to really step up to the plate this week. Mason playing against his former club should fire him up, eorl will want to make amends for London as he was very disappointed with his game- feeling positive about this one- weneed to give foster lots and lots of stick.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 12:18 pm

Foster is good and any sniff of a try and he goes for it...
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 1:00 pm

foster is a good finisher - and there has been so much talk about him since that try where he passed the ball around his back - but the saints fans dont all rate him he loses his cool under a high ball and defensively is suspect. pressure on him will hopefully mean we score down his wing - cant remember which wing he plays on - but both george and jerry could make him twitch a bit.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 1:07 pm

Left wing. Correct though, if Danny can stick a few high ones in his corner up the top end of the park, we might get the odd fumbled ball..... Smile
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 10:28 pm

As always everything will depend on which Giants side turns up on the day, there's no doubt we can compete with them, If we show the kind of commitment we did against Warrington we have every chance, If we play like last week we will get stuffed.
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:51 pm

Foster has been dropped, he's playing in under 20's game
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:22 am

Examiner said bad weather on Sunday.How will that affect us and our new expansive style.Can we go toe to toe in a forward dominated battle.

Fairbank rested for this one.

Phil Bentham again.Had enough of him last home game.Players moving 1 & 2 yards off the mark,obvious forward passes missed,altogether an inconsistent performance.

The game itself will be very tough,probably close,hope we can come out on the right side of the scoreboard this time.
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 9:41 am

Actually the dropping of foster combined with the poor weather forecast is possibly better for us- Gardner won't beat our wingers in a foot race so kicks to the corner for the chase should be the order of the day!
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 10:42 am

Oh no not Bentham again. What a plonker that bloke is!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 11:39 am

Bentham just comes back like a bad penny. No reasons to explain his pitiful performance, no break from him, do the RFL not like us?

The rain was never our friend last season, Brown needs a plan for the weather. I like the kicks to the corner, it will tire the Saints team out and if they knock on early in the count give us a chance to strike.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:31 am

Watching the Catalans game at Langtree,the Fraussies just hammered the left side of the Saints defence continuously and it cracked eventually.That side was Foster & Wheeler the outside backs,Wilkin the left back-rower & Gaskell the half.Foster is out,wonder if they will make any other changes to strengthen that side of the pitch today.Wonder if we'll attack down that channel.

But on the other hand our own right edge defence has been found wanting this season,notice Jerry was grabbing again at London,he needs to get that out of his play & also Broughy isn't the best tackler,sometimes he has his defensive 'head on' sometimes he doesn't.

Another point is that Roby always steps to the right from dummy half and if he looks to the left out of dh nearly always passes.The Saints players I fear mainly are Puletua & Soliola,both strong lads.

Tipping it down like they said,wonder if we will chuck it about as much today.

COYG

Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 11:30 am

It's difficult, if we try to do 5 drives and a kick we don't have the size to control the game, also that is such a waste of our talented backs. Broughs kicking game will be vital, if we can pin them in their own half and force a few errors then we have every chance. A lot will also depend on what type of reffing Bentham will do. Will he ping everything and everyone or allow loads of messing around. I bet he is tighter on the high shots though.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 7:31 pm

Can't complain at that! A good show all round with some top performers against a very tough side, Although the pack were getting knocked back they never gave it up and the goal line defence in particular was first class, especially against the saints right side.

What a player Brough is tuning out to be, He seems to make a telling break in every game, and top marks for Grix for staying with him to set up George, Big game again for Robbo who i thought gave everything today despite coming in for some rough shots.
A couple of slips from Eden again, but glad N B is sticking with him, he is certainly eager to get into the line, Top game from George who is getting better and better for me.

Once again some strange decisions from Bentham, but for once we came out on top in the penalty stakes, An amazing conversion from Brough and a great drop goal that proved to be vital. If they keep that sort of effort up they will win a lot of games this season, Hope NB keeps faith with the youngsters, they are going well.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:30 am

Defence won us this one,no doubt about that.NB said the defensive resolve would return this season,and he has been true to his word.Kept 'em out set after set when it looked like only a matter of time before they crossed.The only time StH got the overlap on us in the whole 80 was the try from Gardner late in the second half.It was a special effort to stop 'the Saints entertainers' in such a manner.

Never a dull moment with NB coaching,taking the odds to going wide is working a treat,they are really confident just now and well structured,with decoys creating the space.It's heart in the mouth stuff though on the occasions it does go wrong,and we give up good field position,but as I said then we just set up for solid defence.Like Bo said really we should have been further behind in the first 40 because tbh our forwards were getting dominated.

Broughy was outstanding in all he did,the way he can change direction when running at top pace is special.I like the look of Eden,yes he makes mistakes,but he looks dangerous carrying the ball,and sent out a nice pass for Luke G's first try after joining the line.

What a game,what a win.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 11:25 pm

Click here
Nice bit of footage from the game yesterday and to me it looked like Gaskell dropped the ball going over the line to score.
Back to top Go down
cabrita
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 12:55 am

ponner wrote:
Click here
Nice bit of footage from the game yesterday and to me it looked like Gaskell dropped the ball going over the line to score.

I thought so too. I watched the video of the interview with Luke George (http://www.superleague.co.uk/article/sltv-george-stars-as-giants-see-off-saints/24504. Is that the footage you saw?) The try is at about the 0:41 mark, and it looks pretty clear to me that the ball is out of Gaskell's possession.

According to the Examiner the second Saints try was doubtful too. The claim is that Lomax's shoulder hit the ground beyond the dead ball line before he touched down. As far as I can see the video neither confirms nor denies that claim.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 2:07 am

That's just 1 try to Saints then at weekend. Great defence boys!!
Back to top Go down
shelleygiant
Ballboy
Ballboy
shelleygiant

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:28 am

2 very dubious tries there, can't really see how lomax managed to ground the ball in play, I'm not surprised Danny looked a tad unhappy with Bentham. Great win and I thought our defence was so good when we were under pressure that the Saints attack just ran out of ideas. I think we've got so much flair and players with real pace in the team that, when we really start to click we could be handing out some real good hidings. What really naffed me off about Sunday apart from Bentham was the way Wellens was constantly allowed to moan and plead with the officials, every time a decision went against them, the lads got a constant "hard done by" grimace on his face. How come the refs put up with the constant moaning from the likes of him, Briers and Mcguire ???

Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:45 pm

Got told in the pub straight after the game by a fan sat in the Riverside stand that Gaskell had dropped that ball,which begs the question,what is the point of having an in-goal touch judge.If he can't see it when he's only a couple of feet away from it,then it just beggars belief.

Plus,the pass from Grix to Luke G. was forward,but it just makes up for that obvious forward pass from Westwood to J Monaghan for a 'try' in the previous home game.
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 7:59 pm

There was a photo in the st Helen's star of gaskells try- it certainly looked like the ball was down BEFORE the line and so a try. It didn't look like the photo was taken a second after where he may have dragged it back over either cause his body was still in the air.
Poor poor defence -if in doubt get rid- Eden should have been watching and shouted to leroy when gaskell came in.
After seeing the replay the pass from grix to George looked fine- but our first try should have been chalked off as wardle ran across in front of Bruno as he passed to George.
Just for a change lady luck was on our side!!!
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:49 pm

Jools wrote:
There was a photo in the st Helen's star of gaskells try- it certainly looked like the ball was down BEFORE the line and so a try. It didn't look like the photo was taken a second after where he may have dragged it back over either cause his body was still in the air.
Poor poor defence -if in doubt get rid- Eden should have been watching and shouted to leroy when gaskell came in.
After seeing the replay the pass from grix to George looked fine- but our first try should have been chalked off as wardle ran across in front of Bruno as he passed to George.
Just for a change lady luck was on our side!!!
Looks like it was a try after all from that image.
Saints chat 1927797

The first of our tries was fine though as Wardle never made contact with anyone.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Saints chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints chat   Saints chat EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:05 am

Never heard of photoshop?

Wink