Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

RETRO SHIRTS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: RETRO SHIRTS   Wed May 16, 2012 11:33 am

Unfortunately she hates both playing shirts and isn't keen on our traditional shirt either. She doesn't even think claret and gold go together....STUPID WOMAN!!! Very Happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
http://giants.aforumfree.com
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: RETRO SHIRTS   Wed May 16, 2012 9:52 pm

....................................................maybe a job waiting as club shirt designer for alternative kit next season then??? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player

PostSubject: Re: RETRO SHIRTS   Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:58 pm

Those who post on both sides will probably have seen the posting of a certain "fan" (used loosely) re the shirts

Those who have bought them are , as is evident, well chuffed

I gave the background before I even set the wheels in motion --that players had been asked by those who wanted
a trad c and g fartown shirt if they would sell them --most treasured them and said they DID mean something to them --pride in the club

So the Players Association had some made --cos the club had said they were "unviable" - obviously not as they are now being offered albeit at about 12-00 more (adults) and proportionately for juniors
It has been discussed --and as they were all "bespoke" it isnt a problem for the Association venture to cease

However - whilst I have a strong suspicion who has posted the vindictive post but cannot obviously prove it I fail to see the positive aspects in any way

The association has supported club ventures like squadbuilder in the past and such initiatives as this / the calendar/ and the players annual dinner are the few fundraising events that enable this to happen
Having played professional RL - it is their modest way of "putting something back" into the sport they love

There are still several who have ordered "ours" and these will be delivered in time for Christmas pressies for adults and children alike

The Association did not criticise the clubs marketing people for not taking a "risk" in this sphere
They simply got on with providing the answer to a niche market and the positive side is that the club may now benefit from their actions --so be it

The shirt IS eyecatching --and was even commented on by Stevo and Eddie on Sky I believe
However there may be some who do not want or cannot afford the additional cost
In which case to deprive them of the chance to wear the distinctive club colours on financial grounds is somewhat negative - particularly if we contest the "finals" in the coming years The thought of seeing a "sea" of claret and gold at Wembley would excite many much more than a kaleidoscope of a painters palette --but thats only my opinion

The particular poster brands the Association shirt as that of a "back street trader"
I have not seen the club version and even then will not be drawn into a mudslinging scenario but noone as I stated has raised any complaints against their purchase from the Association
The proof IS in the pudding and if the new alternative is of equal or better standard then the fans and the club will have benefited by this venture
Why the deliberate negative spin I ask ?? The association investigated the viability and followed it through when the qualified marketing experts considered it a no-go!
So they now feel differently ? Fine ! Everyone makes mistakes Its no big deal

Finally I would light heartedly make a suggestion
If the poster in question - who I strongly suggest has never ever pulled on a pair of boots or a scrum cap in his/her life - would like to address one of the present or former players that many on here have supported (idolised as youngsters even) as a cheap "market trader" --- could I please be there !
It would be a moment to treasure! Wink

Done!

Back to top Go down
shelleygiant
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: RETRO SHIRTS   Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:22 am

penninegiant wrote:
Those who post on both sides will probably have seen the posting of a certain "fan" (used loosely) re the shirts

Those who have bought them are , as is evident, well chuffed

I gave the background before I even set the wheels in motion --that players had been asked by those who wanted
a trad c and g fartown shirt if they would sell them --most treasured them and said they DID mean something to them --pride in the club

So the Players Association had some made --cos the club had said they were "unviable" - obviously not as they are now being offered albeit at about 12-00 more (adults) and proportionately for juniors
It has been discussed --and as they were all "bespoke" it isnt a problem for the Association venture to cease

However - whilst I have a strong suspicion who has posted the vindictive post but cannot obviously prove it I fail to see the positive aspects in any way

The association has supported club ventures like squadbuilder in the past and such initiatives as this / the calendar/ and the players annual dinner are the few fundraising events that enable this to happen
Having played professional RL - it is their modest way of "putting something back" into the sport they love

There are still several who have ordered "ours" and these will be delivered in time for Christmas pressies for adults and children alike

The Association did not criticise the clubs marketing people for not taking a "risk" in this sphere
They simply got on with providing the answer to a niche market and the positive side is that the club may now benefit from their actions --so be it

The shirt IS eyecatching --and was even commented on by Stevo and Eddie on Sky I believe
However there may be some who do not want or cannot afford the additional cost
In which case to deprive them of the chance to wear the distinctive club colours on financial grounds is somewhat negative - particularly if we contest the "finals" in the coming years The thought of seeing a "sea" of claret and gold at Wembley would excite many much more than a kaleidoscope of a painters palette --but thats only my opinion

The particular poster brands the Association shirt as that of a "back street trader"
I have not seen the club version and even then will not be drawn into a mudslinging scenario but noone as I stated has raised any complaints against their purchase from the Association
The proof IS in the pudding and if the new alternative is of equal or better standard then the fans and the club will have benefited by this venture
Why the deliberate negative spin I ask ?? The association investigated the viability and followed it through when the qualified marketing experts considered it a no-go!
So they now feel differently ? Fine ! Everyone makes mistakes Its no big deal

Finally I would light heartedly make a suggestion
If the poster in question - who I strongly suggest has never ever pulled on a pair of boots or a scrum cap in his/her life - would like to address one of the present or former players that many on here have supported (idolised as youngsters even) as a cheap "market trader" --- could I please be there !
It would be a moment to treasure! Wink

Done!

Well said Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: RETRO SHIRTS   Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:16 am

I must have missed all that mud slinging. Why on Earth could anyone have a problem with this venture is beyond me? Small minds.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: RETRO SHIRTS   Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:17 am

Don't worry about it Rod. The keyboard warriors over there who had a go at you can go take a running jump. Your shirts are fantastic and the only reason you are getting stick from the backroom bullies is because the club know they cocked up bigtime by not producing the retro shirt when the fans demanded one and so now they are trying to belittle your great efforts to save face. Bunch of halfwits they are.

BTW, who is that giantsmassive? Is it the ginger one???

Also, I need another one of YOUR shirts for Xmas if poss mate. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player

PostSubject: Re: RETRO SHIRTS   Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:34 pm

Just a point of interest --must mention that we have the short sleeved option if anyone prefers -ie Summer Rugby and like Sparky --can get them personalised
So anyone who wants a saving / short sleeve / personalised number /name in time for Xmas -get in touch pronto

And thanks for supporting the Players Assoc -your appreciation is much appreciated!! Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RETRO SHIRTS   

Back to top Go down

RETRO SHIRTS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: