Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tony Tonks - our new prop

Go down 
+2
BO JANGLES
defleppard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Tony Tonks - our new prop Empty
PostSubject: Tony Tonks - our new prop   Tony Tonks - our new prop EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 11:24 am

Anyone else watch this lad in the Championship final last Sunday.Looks to have some potential.Needs to get more disciplined though.Saying that,Ryan Bailey gets away with murder on the pitch,so maybe it's not that big a concern.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Tony Tonks - our new prop   Tony Tonks - our new prop EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:37 pm

Don't know anything about the lad at all and i didn't see the final, but to be fair it looks more of a "hope he'll come good" than a confidence buy, and the 1 year deal seems to confirm that, To be honest I'm not impressed but i may be doing the lad an injustice, I would much sooner the money went in other areas, although we will need to replace Griffen, I would prefer a known performer.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Tony Tonks - our new prop   Tony Tonks - our new prop EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:40 pm

Im on similar lines Bo

I hope he develops under our coaching system but at 26 years old it seems a bit late for the move up in levels
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Tony Tonks - our new prop   Tony Tonks - our new prop EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 6:55 pm

Props do mature later than most positions, so age isn't as important. If he's good enough I don't care how old he is. We do need more competition at prop which he brings, but we also need more quality only time will tell if he brings that.
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Tony Tonks - our new prop   Tony Tonks - our new prop EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:43 pm

I think I would be happy with this signing if we also either keep Griffin (which seems unlikely) or sign an experienced prop of proven quality. If for example Tonks is taking Horne's squad place, that is a better balance. As a replacement for Griffin hpwever, that is very much a downgrade. Griff is an England international after all.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Tony Tonks - our new prop   Tony Tonks - our new prop EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 8:32 pm

Missed the boat when Chris Hill went to Wire, that lad will be an England international within 5 years
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Tony Tonks - our new prop   Tony Tonks - our new prop EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 7:03 pm

Tonks set to miss the opening 2 rounds of 2012,due to running in and punching in the final.

Also Jamie Simpson banned for the first 3 games of the season because of incidents in a Valvoline cup game.

Bad news.Trust they will both appeal and hopefully get a reduction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony Tonks - our new prop   Tony Tonks - our new prop Empty

Back to top Go down

Tony Tonks - our new prop
Page 1 of 1