Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tommy Lee

Go down 
+10
ponner
joek
Jools
penninegiant
FLYINGPROP
Giant-Dragon
defleppard
reidy
Giantdee
BO JANGLES
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:24 am

on earth would we want him, If the deal with Wakey is to trade Raleigh, Kirmond and Wood for Murphy and Lee then words fail me, What can he possibly bring to the club, Wood is a far more attractive proposition, Also why the chase for Murphy, he had the chance to come here and turned it down, Why don't they stop messing about and get a class stand off, K Brown is easily as good as Murphy at centre, Better in fact, Unless they see Murphy as a fullback. Hopefully Its a load of rubbish.
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:26 pm

Don't know. It appears we are getting cover that may prevent the 4 changes for one injury we have seen this year so I can see some logic, but the worry for me is that, in my view Andy Raleigh and Danny Kirmond are of higher quality than Murphy and Lee.

I have read some Wakey posts on another forum, they make me laugh - if this goes through I think they are getting much the better deal.

That said it could be a good deal for both Andy and Danny, at this point in their careers they need to play more than they are. Shame as two good servants to the Giants who always give everything.

This will not be a popular, Nathan better have called it right or his star will be in further decline.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:08 pm

Giantdee wrote:
Don't know. It appears we are getting cover that may prevent the 4 changes for one injury we have seen this year so I can see some logic, but the worry for me is that, in my view Andy Raleigh and Danny Kirmond are of higher quality than Murphy and Lee.

I have read some Wakey posts on another forum, they make me laugh - if this goes through I think they are getting much the better deal.

That said it could be a good deal for both Andy and Danny, at this point in their careers they need to play more than they are. Shame as two good servants to the Giants who always give everything.

This will not be a popular, Nathan better have called it right or his star will be in further decline.

Nathan won't give a chuff Dee. He's on his way back to Convict Land. Whatever carnage he leaves behind won't be of interest to him at all. I'm just disappointed that he's leaving on a note like this and not on a high. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:51 pm

Is he really? Can't say I'm that bothered, seemed like a good coach who completely lost the players/undermined the confidence - trying to show how clever he was
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:15 pm

I'm gutted for the players and fans that placed so much faith in him, for him to leave us in disarray.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:27 pm

Yeah,I can't understand this one,we get rid of Keal,got a good future in front of him,and look to bring in a journeyman in the likes of T.Lee to do the same job.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:50 am

defleppard wrote:
Yeah,I can't understand this one,we get rid of Keal,got a good future in front of him,and look to bring in a journeyman in the likes of T.Lee to do the same job.

Keal were proper poorly Def, spoke to him and his heart issue was a major prob both personally and professionally, the poor bugger. Hope things work out for him. pray
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:55 pm

Have i missed something here, Is N Brown going back to Os now, I thought he had another year.
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 3:35 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
Have i missed something here, Is N Brown going back to Os now, I thought he had another year.

^ This

What? Who said this then?
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 5:54 pm

Giant-Dragon wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:

^ This

What? Who said this then?

I don't have any info sorry, I was just reading the earlier post and got the impression he was on his way home, Must be coming back though, the Examiner has his usual after loss revelations about how it will be all different next time, only the next time now has become next season, Frankly if It's just going to be more of the same swapping and changing that we have had this season I would just as soon he stayed in Os.
For two seasons he had a dramatic effect at the club along with a much improved playing staff, He proved that he can coach and then this season for some reason ( I don't know what ) we finish up with this huge squad, and he is like a kid with a bag of sweets ( doesn't know which to eat first ), It was a dreadful mistake to let Hodgson go ( not his fault ) I am going home , i m not going home, yes i am, no I'm not,( definitely his fault) Results of all this , tied in with other things , a miserable second half to the season and an exit from the playoff's with a whimper.
One poster on here suggested whatever happened in the playoffs, they should be congratulated on their season, in view of the fact they have had some injuries. I'M not knocking his opinion ( he's entitled to it) Myself i don't see that winning 4 matches in the second half of the season, scraping home against Batley in the cup, and going out in the next round is anything to be proud of really. The fact that every other team in the league has had injuries ( with a far smaller squad than ours ) is by the way.
I'm just glad It's all over for a while, The superb commitment and play of the first half of the season has just been obliterated by the lack of anything like it in the second half, I just don't want to hear any more spouting in the press, It's on the field that counts, and in that area we have at times been pitiful, So If your coming back Mr Brown get your act together before you do , otherwise stand aside.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 6:32 pm

Spot on Mr Jangles!!
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 11:09 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
on earth would we want him, If the deal with Wakey is to trade Raleigh, Kirmond and Wood for Murphy and Lee then words fail me, What can he possibly bring to the club, Wood is a far more attractive proposition, Also why the chase for Murphy, he had the chance to come here and turned it down, Why don't they stop messing about and get a class stand off, K Brown is easily as good as Murphy at centre, Better in fact, Unless they see Murphy as a fullback. Hopefully Its a load of rubbish.

Agree 100% been saying all year K Brown is not and never will be a stand off but would be a great centre.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 11:18 pm

.................and I question whether he is "captain" material

So bloody well put him back at centre - and someone else in charge who can lead --and let the lad do what hes good at

Play em in regular formation --and if Lawrence is going to be converted to 2nd row -bloody well keep him there and let Jerry, Wardle
Brown and Cudgoe get an understanding like what Henderson Pepperell Devery and Cooper had !!

We damn well WON summat then --so Nathan if you want success..............................lets get some "constants" unless its absolutely necesssary to change things!

end of rant!
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-06-16

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:02 am

so brown isnt good enough to play 6 for giants but played there for england.
Kev would probably admit he hasnt been his best, but has everyone forgotton how he carved up teams for fun last year and the beginning of this. Seems many have memories that go back far enough to recount the good old days but cant remember a few months ago. With the exception of chase i wouldnt swap brown for any other stand off in SL.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:01 pm

Jools wrote:
so brown isnt good enough to play 6 for giants but played there for england.
Kev would probably admit he hasnt been his best, but has everyone forgotton how he carved up teams for fun last year and the beginning of this. Seems many have memories that go back far enough to recount the good old days but cant remember a few months ago. With the exception of chase i wouldnt swap brown for any other stand off in SL.

It's just my opinion (and others it would seem) that SO doesn't look his natural position, I have not forgotten he had some very good games" i said as much in my post " I don't think he has the pace of the mark to get through the gaps regularly enough for me, and a lot of his passes are given with both feet flat on the ground, Chase or Breirs are more like SO for me ,When they run at the line you can see defenders start to panick, and there are others coming through such as the kid at Saints.
Kev brown has put a bit of weight on in the last couple of seasons and i can really see him as a top class centre, for me he has the skills for Centre and he could also make a very good winger out of Mcgilvray for example, We need centre's who know when to give the ball, rather than being tackled with it when the winger is free.
These are just my thoughts, they may not coincide with yours, but that's fine, I like to hear other peoples opinions.
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:33 pm

I like Kev but we need a better 6 to kick on to grand final. Look at some top 6's in nrl to see the best quality.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:54 am

No-one is saying swap Brown, just play him in his right position to get the best out of him.

I Agree 100% with Pennine, Bo and Joek a brilliant stand off is a must.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:42 am

Shaun Johnson would be nice.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:00 pm

Or Kevin Locke!
Back to top Go down
Mable_syrup
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 103

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:33 am

heard TL wont be coming due to his wage demands
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:47 pm

Mable_syrup wrote:

THat'l do
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:02 pm

Mable_syrup wrote:
Best Giants related news i've heard so far during the off season Wink
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:22 pm

How much is he wanting? Enough to spend on his huge ego! He's not that good! Can spend money on players better than him IMO
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Tommy Lee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Lee   Tommy Lee EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:56 pm

Mable_syrup wrote:
I heard a slightly different story today mate Sad