Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team for salford

Go down 
+3
defleppard
joek
Jools
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-06-16

Team for salford Empty
PostSubject: Team for salford   Team for salford EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:32 am

Grix
hodgy bruno
leroy jerry
kev robbo
eorl faiumu griff
Gilmour kirmond
Fairbank

bench
larne Raleigh Simpson fa'alogo or maybe horne

Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Team for salford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for salford   Team for salford EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 4:18 pm

Won't be, looks like Robbo is out. It's gonna be a weak team am afraid.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Team for salford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for salford   Team for salford EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:50 pm

Hope we can start off well tonight,get some early points on the board to help build our self assurance.If we go behind early,the way things have gone lately on our travels, and with our confidence being on the brittle side just now,I might fear the worst.

The new Salford coach is desperate for his first win,and slammed his own players last week.

With all our injuries and the positional changes,it could be a nervy night.Usual concern about the kicking game without Brough.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Team for salford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for salford   Team for salford EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:32 pm

defleppard wrote:
Hope we can start off well tonight,get some early points on the board to help build our self assurance.If we go behind early,the way things have gone lately on our travels, and with our confidence being on the brittle side just now,I might fear the worst.

The new Salford coach is desperate for his first win,and slammed his own players last week.

With all our injuries and the positional changes,it could be a nervy night.Usual concern about the kicking game without Brough.

That could well be Game,set and match DL, hopefully not but it doesn't look good now, we need Wolves to beat Catalan. Not that i think we stand any sort of chance in the playoff's on present form but there's always a chance of a miracle
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Team for salford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for salford   Team for salford EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:48 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
defleppard wrote:

That could well be Game,set and match DL, hopefully not but it doesn't look good now, we need Wolves to beat Catalan. Not that i think we stand any sort of chance in the playoff's on present form but there's always a chance of a miracle

fully agree about the playoffs, tonight after watching Wigan destroy the team that scored just short of 40 points against us and nilling us to boot. The gulf in class is shocking, what's happened to the team that destroyed and hurt Wire in MM and destroyed Leeds on their patch. We can't buy an away win at the moment.

The Giants are not really a team that look very convincing at the moment in either defence or attack.

Rant over
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Team for salford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for salford   Team for salford EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 11:27 pm

yeah --but theres a silver lining behind a storm cloud!

have a feeling that the score at Wembley -if we HAD got there could have nackered any confidence (if there is any now) for the playoffs

.....................so ..........................................you never know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes Wink
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Team for salford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for salford   Team for salford EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 4:05 pm

penninegiant wrote:
yeah --but theres a silver lining behind a storm cloud!

have a feeling that the score at Wembley -if we HAD got there could have nackered any confidence (if there is any now) for the playoffs

.....................so ..........................................you never know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes Wink

I know what you are saying Pg and you are right If there one thing i can do without right now it's watching Wigan destroy and humiliate us at Wembley, for that reason I'm glad now we didn't get there, Although there are so many Fans who rightly or wrongly would be over the moon to be going to Wembley , No matter how bad the beating they would be claiming it as a massive step forward from where we have been 20 years ago, Doesn't wash for us does it mate, I'm getting like my Grandson I don't want to watch losers, If i was Ken Davy i would be walking away as we speak, and i would be wanting this years wages back from N Brown and a few players to take with me.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Team for salford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for salford   Team for salford EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:24 pm

All the above is absolutely spot on, start of the season I was saying we were gonna finally win something with the squad we had built up, IMO we had the strongest pack in SL and with Broughy felt we had finally got there. How wrong I was and I don't go along with the view that a cup run and top 6 finish is a good season.
Brown has been here 3 years now and it's his team and his tactics we are playing to and as seen in the last few months we are not good enough by far.
The gulf in class between us and Wigan is massive and I am not exaggerating, people will post otherwise but would anyone back us in the playoffs if we had to go to any of Wigan,Saints,Wire,Catalans,Leeds,Cas or any of the Hull clubs cos I certainly wouldn't!!!!!
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Team for salford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for salford   Team for salford EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 7:42 am

Yeah !!

From recent posts I could name 4 -- so Im seeing their hypnotist Monday FP ! Smile
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Team for salford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for salford   Team for salford EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 5:41 pm

penninegiant wrote:
Yeah !!

From recent posts I could name 4 -- so Im seeing their hypnotist Monday FP ! Smile

Take NB with ya PG cos I don't think even he believes we can win another game Smile
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Team for salford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for salford   Team for salford EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:03 pm

No mate NB does its you that thinks we carnt.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Team for salford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for salford   Team for salford EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Old School wrote:

yup go along with that and nothing much lately has caused me to think otherwise, IMO we looked tired, drained poor defensively and devoid of ideas in attack.

This is only my opinion but we have been out enthused by some pretty ordinary teams 2nd half of this season as opposed to 1st half of season where we were on fire and looking tough to beat.

I can only call it as I see it from the sidelines but form is not something you can turn on and off whenever it suits, We will have to improve greatly to win again.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Team for salford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for salford   Team for salford EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 5:12 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:
Old School wrote:

yup go along with that and nothing much lately has caused me to think otherwise, IMO we looked tired, drained poor defensively and devoid of ideas in attack.

This is only my opinion but we have been out enthused by some pretty ordinary teams 2nd half of this season as opposed to 1st half of season where we were on fire and looking tough to beat.

I can only call it as I see it from the sidelines but form is not something you can turn on and off whenever it suits, We will have to improve greatly to win again.

We have gone from a very good side to a very poor side in the space of 3 months, none of this had been done deliberately i know that, but to me that's where a coach shows his metal, a really good one can get a side up and playing above themselves, winning games they really have no right to win, He can't make them stronger or faster or more skillful, The difference has to come in attitude and desire and as far as i can see in that department at the moment we are bottom of the league.
Provided the players are training well, they are still as fit and fast as they were, then the rest is down to N Brown It's his job to see that the Attitude is spot on ,the Desire to put the shirt on and win is spot on , and they are proud to play for K Davy, If there are players who don't feel like that , he should know who they are and they should be left out of the team or even got rid of, If he can't do that then he is not good enough and he should be moved on IMO ( maybe easier said than done )
The thing is he has proved he can do all these things, but for some reason whether it be personnel or what, he is not doing it now, and is starting to sound and coach ever more like one of our previous coaches, Maybe he is homesick or something, he has been going and then staying, and the teams form has gone up and down each time it's come up about him leaving, only this time it's stayed down, For the kind of money he will be getting and the size and quality of squad K Davy has supplied we should be sitting pretty, not going down the tubes.

These are all just my own opinions i have no inside information whatever and they may be a million miles from the truth, but they are as i see things. To me going on what i have seen this last few months there are teams out there playing at a different level to us, and i cant think of a legitimate reason why they should be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Team for salford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for salford   Team for salford Empty

Back to top Go down

Team for salford
Page 1 of 1