Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Defence?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Defence?   Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:48 pm

Defence was pathetic for all four tries. They looked like they'd score every time they were in our half. Too many players slapping with arms - Jermaine most guilty of this. Attack also dreadful, just crabbing across the pitch! Forwards - outenthused and muscled! So very little good, Kyle Wood did ok, and Robbo, and grix! Next win? No idea?
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Defence?   Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:59 pm

Huddersfield coach Nathan Brown:( BBC post match interview)

"It's heartbreaking because we just didn't give ourselves our best chance. That's what's disappointing about it. We just can't build any field position or pressure. The start of the second half probably summed up where we are at the moment.

"We scored a try and Cas were there for us to try to take and then we dropped the ball the next set. We're not putting enough pressure on the opposition to make them wilt enough and they need to do a little better.

"Broughy hasn't kicked well today, but we could have given our halves a much better chance with some better field position. At the end of the day, we could have given ourselves a better shot."

I have tried to get OS on the phone as it is quite apparent that NB is losing his positivity and eally needs a session but I hear that counselling applies to league fixtures only!! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Defence?   Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:19 pm

penninegiant wrote:
Huddersfield coach Nathan Brown:( BBC post match interview)

"It's heartbreaking because we just didn't give ourselves our best chance. That's what's disappointing about it. We just can't build any field position or pressure. The start of the second half probably summed up where we are at the moment.

"We scored a try and Cas were there for us to try to take and then we dropped the ball the next set. We're not putting enough pressure on the opposition to make them wilt enough and they need to do a little better.

"Broughy hasn't kicked well today, but we could have given our halves a much better chance with some better field position. At the end of the day, we could have given ourselves a better shot."

I have tried to get OS on the phone as it is quite apparent that NB is losing his positivity and eally needs a session but I hear that counselling applies to league fixtures only!! Crying or Very sad

Something is clearly wrong somewhere PG, I just wish he would go back to doing what he was doing for his first two seasons with us, He has proved himself a very good coach, now he needs to prove he is a great coach. The team looks and sounds (on radio ) to be completely demoralised, Everybody you talk to about Fartown is wondering what the H*ll is going on, Time to get back to some sense of reality with the team before we implode and fall out of any sort of contention, All this swapping men about all over the park needs to stop, I can imagine what the crowd at the homecoming is going to be like. If he can't instill some self belief, some aggression ( especially the forwards ) and some desire , Then maybe all is lost, and he will be going back to Os with both hands in one pocket, whether there is a job or not. This is not negativity, i think It's reality, It needs sorting and it needs sorting now, N Brown is the man in the driving seat.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Defence?   Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:28 am

IMO, the Cup was our genuine shot at a trophy this year. The league is beyond us. And we were done by a team we should beat comfortably, no disrespect to Cas. Every team is showing up now knowing they have a great chance of winning against us, and it shows in how they play and how we play. We are in real trouble now I think.

The bottom line is this...another season nearly over and still no trophies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defence?   

Back to top Go down

Defence?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: