Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lots of changes for Sunday!

Go down 
+7
Mable_syrup
Durham Giant
BO JANGLES
defleppard
sparky
Gem Bob
Jools
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-06-16

Lots of changes for Sunday! Empty
PostSubject: Lots of changes for Sunday!   Lots of changes for Sunday! EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 1:00 pm

The team for sunday is going to be grix at 7, McNally fb, robbo back to 9, Wood on bench to replace robbo, LOD back!!!!!! and Bruno to play second row!! Will anyone know where they should be in the defensive line???
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Lots of changes for Sunday!   Lots of changes for Sunday! EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 1:09 pm

I can't help thinking that with success comes complacency.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Lots of changes for Sunday!   Lots of changes for Sunday! EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 2:22 pm

Blimey! That is a lot of changes. I thought Robbo would be at 9 with Lunt & Fooey injured but didn't think Grix at 7 or Bruno in the pack (although I did think Bruno would be back in the three quarters).

I've no idea what will happen on Sunday now. What do you mean that's nothing fresh?!

Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

PostSubject: Re: Lots of changes for Sunday!   Lots of changes for Sunday! EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 2:28 pm

Sounds as if the Bruno switch may be a regular thing
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Lots of changes for Sunday!   Lots of changes for Sunday! EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 5:56 pm

Hope he's (Nathan) not overreacting here to one defeat against the best side in the comp who upped their intensity.It might work this weekend,but with such a huge clash coming up at Warrington,think I'd have been looking to keep the changes to a minimum.

More than anything we need to see the forwards 'ripping in' like they did in the opening rounds.Plus moving Robinson from dummy half didn't work.He's an England international in that role now.

It's a gamble asking Grix to play half back,and at the same time bringing in a guy on debut to take over his full back duties,where SG's form for the most part has been impressive.
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

PostSubject: Re: Lots of changes for Sunday!   Lots of changes for Sunday! EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 6:07 pm

I think it's more a case of needs must tbh, the loss of brough, Lunt and fooey have required the changes in terms of the hooking and hb roles. Nathan has been hinting to Bruno he may be playing at second row - tbh I think he'll do well.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Lots of changes for Sunday!   Lots of changes for Sunday! EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 7:16 pm

Well N Brown See's all whats goes on in training and behind the scenes, so you have to trust him, I thought McNally was a halfback so why the need to switch Grix, Bruno to second row ?, he wasn't good enough for his own position last week, who knows. Shades of J Sharpe anyone.
I carn't go this week as i am in a Golf comp, and i don't know that I'm really bothered anyway.
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Lots of changes for Sunday!   Lots of changes for Sunday! EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 7:41 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
Well N Brown See's all whats goes on in training and behind the scenes, so you have to trust him, I thought McNally was a halfback so why the need to switch Grix, Bruno to second row ?, he wasn't good enough for his own position last week, who knows. Shades of J Sharpe anyone.
I carn't go this week as i am in a Golf comp, and i don't know that I'm really bothered anyway.

McNally has been playing Full back for a while and has been very effective there when playing for Ireland. I am glad he is being given a chance. He deserves it
Back to top Go down
Mable_syrup
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Lots of changes for Sunday!   Lots of changes for Sunday! EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:22 pm

joke decision to play a centre at 2nd row with 1 weeks training in that position. Will imply we are taking the mickey with our selection for the crusaders. how raleigh is over looked i'll never know, he must have scratched the coaches car or something.... All joking aside what message does this send out to senior players who are good players that a kid who has NEVER played your position get a shot at it. Shades of Jon Sharpe indeed. Just play people in their propper positions and we will be fine. let people have a run of 4/5 ganes so they can get some fluidity in their game, instead of in for 1 out for 5. how are players expected to prove themselves in one game???
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

PostSubject: Re: Lots of changes for Sunday!   Lots of changes for Sunday! EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:13 pm

McNally plays fb for his country, grix has played hb plenty of times, robbo back to 9 where he's best , Bruno will kill second row and i suggest this will be a more permanent position for him as it's an area he has been working on for a whole- more than one week training. Don't forget Nathan sees a lot more of the players tan we do and takes into account how they perform in training.
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Lots of changes for Sunday!   Lots of changes for Sunday! EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:28 pm

TBH I think that Bruno has the build of a 2nd rower, if it gives him chance to play then why not! If NB thinks he can do it, so should we.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Lots of changes for Sunday!   Lots of changes for Sunday! EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:24 am

Meltham Giant wrote:
TBH I think that Bruno has the build of a 2nd rower, if it gives him chance to play then why not! If NB thinks he can do it, so should we.

I don't have a problem with Bruno playing in the second row if that's where Brown wants him, Just seems a strange time to be making changes like that when we are getting towards end of season playoffs, especially when the first half of the season was spent rotating to find our best squad, That coupled with the fact we have players who have spent their playing lives at second row,sat in the stand, at a time when our defence leaves a lot to be desired.
The thing is we have been revelling all season in this strongest squad in super league, now we get a couple of injuries and the team starts getting swapped about, Anyway N Brown has done a great job so he is the man, we have enough quality to cover such things against Crusaders, I wouldn't feel so happy if it was Warrington this week.
Back to top Go down
yorkieboy
yorkieboy

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Lots of changes for Sunday!   Lots of changes for Sunday! EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 3:18 pm

Squad for Sunday

Scott Grix
Michael Lawrence
Leroy Cudjoe
Lee Gilmour
David Hodgson
Kevin Brown
Eorl Crabtree
Luke Robinson
Darrell Griffin
Luke O’Donnell
David Fa’alogo
Keith Mason
Danny Kirmond
Larne Patrick
Jermaine McGillvary
Kyle Wood
Gregg McNally
Joe Wardle
Dale Ferguson
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Lots of changes for Sunday!   Lots of changes for Sunday! EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 3:58 pm

Squad looks O.K. to me.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785

PostSubject: Re: Lots of changes for Sunday!   Lots of changes for Sunday! EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:44 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
Meltham Giant wrote:

I don't have a problem with Bruno playing in the second row if that's where Brown wants him, Just seems a strange time to be making changes like that when we are getting towards end of season playoffs, especially when the first half of the season was spent rotating to find our best squad, That coupled with the fact we have players who have spent their playing lives at second row,sat in the stand, at a time when our defence leaves a lot to be desired.
The thing is we have been revelling all season in this strongest squad in super league, now we get a couple of injuries and the team starts getting swapped about, Anyway N Brown has done a great job so he is the man, we have enough quality to cover such things against Crusaders, I wouldn't feel so happy if it was Warrington this week.

Yeah,must agree with this ^

Wigan did to us what we have been doing to the other contenders all season.It seems a bit odd we go drastic now and shove Bruno into the SR.If Wardle retains his place this week he could feel himself a bit fortunate,not that I am putting the blame solely on his shoulders for the big loss last weekend,but it seemed like the right choice was Bruno back into centre for Joe.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Lots of changes for Sunday!   Lots of changes for Sunday! EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 7:43 am

Can't wait for today. Hopefully a quality performance from whoever plays. A chance for one or two to stake a claim for the future. I just want to see a committed performance in attack and defence and then back that up week after week.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Lots of changes for Sunday!   Lots of changes for Sunday! EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:04 am

oh for a settled formation BO!!
This shaking hands with the player next to you and introducing yerself doesnt exactly gel with me
Is there a ghost in the cupboard?

ah well --best o luck lads -hope the card shuffle works !!

and now -- back to the bar and the pool!!

(I would say thank goodness its a struggling team --but then again I thought that on the way to Wrexham!!)

Hope you all enjoy the game --and a win will help!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lots of changes for Sunday!   Lots of changes for Sunday! Empty

Back to top Go down

Lots of changes for Sunday!
Page 1 of 1