Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thoughts on the Catalans game

Go down 
+6
matt01
BO JANGLES
cabrita
joek
Jools
reidy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Thoughts on the Catalans game Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on the Catalans game   Thoughts on the Catalans game EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 8:11 pm

We need to tighten up in EVERY area. Wigan are now second and breathing down our necks.
Even when Cats were down to 12, we eased off. We can't afford that type of play.

As I said in 3-2-1. A special mention for Joe Wardle. He's just signed for another 3 years and judging by tonights performance, he is a very exciting prospect.
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Catalans game   Thoughts on the Catalans game EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 8:44 pm

They did seem to ease off at 28 8 when they went down to 12 but maybe they were trying to save for next week, the speed and intensity that Wigan showed last night they will really have to sharpen ip. Let in soft tries tonight because they were too nonchalant to set the defensive line - Catalan had slowed us down so much in attack they played the same in defense.
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Catalans game   Thoughts on the Catalans game EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 8:59 pm

Very physical, great result. Saw wakey today, How did we lose to them!!!!
Back to top Go down
cabrita
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Catalans game   Thoughts on the Catalans game EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 8:59 pm

I listened to the game over the Internet (courtesy of Radio Leeds). It sounded like a cracker. You can see (or in my case hear) why Catalans have been successful recently. A team that can beat Wigan twice and beat Warrington away has to be a decent team, as their position in the table attests.

Good win. Now let's stomp Wigan.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Catalans game   Thoughts on the Catalans game EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 9:26 pm

Cabrita, you should have logged on to Veetle, it was live on there!
Back to top Go down
cabrita
Ballboy
Ballboy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Catalans game   Thoughts on the Catalans game EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 10:07 pm

reidy wrote:

Yup, you're right I should. I watched other matches that way, don't know why I didn't think of it again.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Catalans game   Thoughts on the Catalans game EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 10:10 pm

cabrita wrote:
reidy wrote:

Yup, you're right I should. I watched other matches that way, don't know why I didn't think of it again.

DOH! Thoughts on the Catalans game Z
Back to top Go down
cabrita
Ballboy
Ballboy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Catalans game   Thoughts on the Catalans game EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 10:18 pm

joek wrote:
Saw wakey today, How did we lose to them!!!!

Radio Leeds had an interview with John Kear. He complained that today his team thought they only had to turn up to get the result. In his opinion Wakey played well last week, and very badly this week. It happens, we were just unlucky we got them on a good day when we had a bad day. All we can say is that we didn't lose to the same Wakey team you saw today.

But then we can always turn it round. How did Warrington lose twice to our team that played Crusaders? Or how did our team that lost to Wakey put up big scores against Leeds and St Helen? You win some, you lose some, All you can do is try to make sure you win a lot more than you lose.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Catalans game   Thoughts on the Catalans game EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 7:14 am

We ground out a result today, the forwards did ok against a big phisical pack, although i wish our forwards had the same kind of aggression as the Dragons, we would really get some domination then, Good result and will give us some confidence for next week.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Catalans game   Thoughts on the Catalans game EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:09 am

Missed the game, but great result against the form team in Super League. From what I read we need to learn to defend the short kick off. If I was an opposition coach I would be tempted to instruct the team to kick off short to us all game.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Catalans game   Thoughts on the Catalans game EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:44 am

Think the main area we missed Broughy last evening was the short kicking game.Kev & Luke put in some feeble ones in the first half.One led to the breakaway try.

As in the cup game,just a little too strong in the forwards by the end.Not much in it though.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Catalans game   Thoughts on the Catalans game EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:16 pm

matt01 wrote:
Missed the game, but great result against the form team in Super League. From what I read we need to learn to defend the short kick off. If I was an opposition coach I would be tempted to instruct the team to kick off short to us all game.

Agree 100% when are we gonna learn? If it isn't soon it could cost us. We have Crabtree at 6'8" and we stick him on the deadball line? The crowd can see we lose 85% of short kick offs. Come on NB sort it mate
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Catalans game   Thoughts on the Catalans game EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 7:19 pm

clown
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Catalans game   Thoughts on the Catalans game EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:54 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:
matt01 wrote:

Agree 100% when are we gonna learn? If it isn't soon it could cost us. We have Crabtree at 6'8" and we stick him on the deadball line? The crowd can see we lose 85% of short kick offs. Come on NB sort it mate

We do seem to stick to a protocol, instead of playing on the element of surprise. When we played Cas and got whooped, Broughy seemed to keep kicking into the same area, but I can't understand why he never deviated from that throughout the game....
Saying that though, many of us have said that if the team went back to the fundamentals in many aspects, such as tackling, passing and general discipline, that we would start winning games. Well one has led to the other and that is one reason for why we are top of the table.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Catalans game   Thoughts on the Catalans game EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 7:19 pm

We need to learn to play for the full 80, not clock off for periods during the game. It's a question of mental application imo that was highlighted in this game. Also, we need to take the tryscoring chances we make.

I still think when Fartown lose, they beat themselves and are not beaten by the opposition so to speak.

All in all though the Dragons game was a good tough contest. Enjoyable game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Catalans game   Thoughts on the Catalans game Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the Catalans game
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: