Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?

Go down 
+8
FLYINGPROP
defleppard
reidy
Meltham Giant
penninegiant
joek
matt01
Jools
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-06-16

thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? Empty
PostSubject: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:57 pm

seems to be a lot of rhinos fans confident that this is the case and that he has signed for them. Dave "nosey" parker linked him with i think Wigan earlier this week and saints have been mentioned too.
I for one would be sorry to see him go, and who do we replace him with? there are not many completely stand out props in SL and i cant think of any that are available so why would the giants let him go?
In fooey, faalogo, simpson and LOD we have our 4 overseas trained for next season - unless LOD finds an Irish grandad quick how can we be looking overseas.
Either griff is unhappy for some reason and has asked to go or the giants have got their sights on someone big...
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:25 pm

Griffin is a quality prop, in my opinion is 3rd in our order of props. Having said that he would probably be higher in ranking for most other clubs so might be able to earn a little more at the weaker teams like Leeds or Saints.
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 7:15 pm

Our best prop for me and so would be a huge loss!
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 10:19 pm

For quite a while I didnt consider he ran his weight ---but as been putting himself about quite consistently this season and playing his best rugby at the club since joining in my opinion !

Would like to keep him if possible --but if hes unhappy (as has been reported ) --what can you do ?
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 11:38 pm

This year has been the best year I've seen Griff have since he arrived. Would be sad to see him go as he is a fantastic prop.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 8:04 pm

Heard Leroy is off to Bradford as well....
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 8:59 pm

No way. He'sa Giant!!
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 9:55 pm

Salary cap is apparently causing problems. If they let him go, that will bite us square on the backside in my opinion. He has yet to peak in his career, but the potential with Leroy is huge. Why let him go?
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 11:22 pm

Both are contracted till the end of next year- I can understand griff wanting to go, he may feel aggrieved at them pushing Josh out. But Leroy is a hudds lad who wants to play for his hometown club- I really can't see that this is anything bit a rumor. With bradfords new centre signing why would they want Leroy too?
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:04 am

Someone has made a big mistake in adding up if we have to lose Leroy because of the salary cap. Can't see him leaving myself. He is going to be big, we are going to be big, his career will achieve so much more with his home town club.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 12:17 pm

Hope they can sort summat out with whatever the problem is.Would not like to lose him.As Crackers said,this year he has really put himself about.Was always a strong carrier of the football but this time imo he's upped the defensive side of his game.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:05 pm

He has got himself fitter and stronger than ever before and IMO is joint best prop with Mason on current form. Would like to keep him but rumours are he doesn't get on with Broughy. Good young prop at Leigh but could see Doof stepping into that role for next season
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:11 pm

as old team mates would have thought they got on fine!
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:51 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:
He has got himself fitter and stronger than ever before and IMO is joint best prop with Mason on current form. Would like to keep him but rumours are he doesn't get on with Broughy.

In it down to pro players to forget personal differences though FP and just get on with the job they are paid for,or this too simplistic in this day and age.Admit I wouldn't know.

FLYINGPROP wrote:
Good young prop at Leigh but could see Doof stepping into that role for next season

If Griff does move on no doubt they will already have irons in the fire regarding a replacement..Doof could prop but already I'm liking him back in the side running that bit wider,that spin and offload to KB for his try was absolute top drawer stuff.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 7:28 pm

I think it would be a real mistake to let Griff go..he's playing great. I don't care if players don't get on off the field but on the field they are all Giants. I hope Griff stays put, he's in good form.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:51 pm

The strong rumour is that Griff has signed a 3 year deal with the Rhinos. Oh well, at least it means the lad will get picked for England now. I am upset though...Griff has been great for us imo and still has plenty left in him yet.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:58 am

Didn't think it would be too long before bad boy Brough was roped in to be the villain, Funny thing is the problems that have appeared from time to time with Griff started long before Brough came, I would like Griffin to stay, i rate him , but if he doesn't want to be here It's pointless really.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 1:12 pm

The sad thing to supporters though Bo is we will never know the full "ins and outs" !
We arent supposed to of course
The rumours that abound are based on someone heard this from someone who knows etc etc etc --but which rumour is nearest the fact is anyones guess so all we really know is ----hes signed for Leeds

Like you -- I think hes playing better at moment than ever in his time at the Giants - and personally will be a loss to the squad

Hopefully a replacement is being negotiated as hese things dont happen "overnight" --and rumours will again go round -but only when the signing is completed will we have anything concrete to comment on

Nothing changes for fans does it?? Wink --just pay up and smile --or frown etc.................................... Neutral
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 2:37 pm

penninegiant wrote:
The sad thing to supporters though Bo is we will never know the full "ins and outs" !
We arent supposed to of course
The rumours that abound are based on someone heard this from someone who knows etc etc etc --but which rumour is nearest the fact is anyones guess so all we really know is ----hes signed for Leeds

Like you -- I think hes playing better at moment than ever in his time at the Giants - and personally will be a loss to the squad

Hopefully a replacement is being negotiated as hese things dont happen "overnight" --and rumours will again go round -but only when the signing is completed will we have anything concrete to comment on

Nothing changes for fans does it?? Wink --just pay up and smile --or frown etc.................................... Neutral

That just about sums it up mate, There are a couple of posters on here who generally seem to get good info, other than that it's usually just rumor and speculation, Anyway i think like you it's a case of "yours is not to know, yours is to pay up and go" and do we really have any right to know anyway, You feel as a supporter "especially someone like you who has done much, and raised funds for the club" that you would like to be in the loop, but in truth you pay your money to go watch whoever the club put on the field, if you don't like it you stay away, Not saying it has ever been so.
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:14 pm

I really hope this is all speculation... Griffin is definately the guy that gives a 110 % and im glad to see him in claret and gold ! will be gutted if he goes ! but why to a lhas been team lke leeds :p lol
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:41 pm

I did say apparently he didn't get on with Broughy, it's rumor and not gospel and it's not a dig at Broughy cos if I had to choose it would be him 100% that I would keep out of the 2, he has been awesome for the Giants and we are missing him at the mo.
Players do move on and will be sad to see Griff go but would have been a damn sight sadder if Broughy was off to Weeds.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:50 am

FLYINGPROP wrote:
I did say apparently he didn't get on with Broughy, it's rumor and not gospel and it's not a dig at Broughy cos if I had to choose it would be him 100% that I would keep out of the 2, he has been awesome for the Giants and we are missing him at the mo.
Players do move on and will be sad to see Griff go but would have been a damn sight sadder if Broughy was off to Weeds.

Yeah sorry mate , I wasn't meaning to get at you, It was just i was expecting Brough's name to come up at some point. Anyway like you I want Griffin to stay but i want Brough to stay more, whether there is anything between them or not, hopefully they will be both here next season, like PG says we will get to know when the club wants us to know.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:20 pm

No worries Bo, didnt want anyone to think i was having a go at Brough. Griff has been great for us this year but Broughy is a match winner and would be 1st on my team sheet every week.

Back to top Go down
Mable_syrup
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 8:59 pm

Im sure there are lots of people who cant wait to say 'welcome back griff' when we play Whinos at home
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?   thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds? Empty

Back to top Go down

thoughts on griffin to go to Leeds?
Page 1 of 1