Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Left wing

Go down 
+4
matt01
Gem Bob
FLYINGPROP
BO JANGLES
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Left wing Empty
PostSubject: Left wing   Left wing EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:18 pm

That first half tonight looked anything but convincing, might sound a bit strange after a score like that, but a good side would have blown us away tonight, D Hodgson and K Brown were well below par tonight, Hodgson looks bereft of any confidence at all, sooner or later N Brown will surely put Cudjo on the wing, It's getting to be a real problem.

There were one or two good performances tonight, but they were very disjointed as a team,all this was reflected on the terrace, and the atmosphere was very strange, Having said all that it's two points ,we are back at the top and i enjoyed the company of the people i watched the match with.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Left wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left wing   Left wing EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:41 pm

I think we are expecting too much tbh, I think we are all expecting the team to go out and just blow teams away and when it doesn't happen you can sense the crowd getting tense which rubs off on the players. Tonight we didn't get out of 2nd gear but still scored over 50 points and as we found out on Friday there are no mugs in SL anymore and if you are not 110% on your game you will get beat.
Thought the team looked very tired for some reason, especially Grixy and Brown, that aside I felt Griffin, Jerry and LOD gave 110% and in general did well. It's 2 points in the bag and we back on top, Will be glad when the regular NB mid-season saga is finally sorted. Great if he stays but if he off to Penrith why not just wait till season over to announce it? Fair enough let the club know and we can give Baloo what he deserves. Nathan seems to shoot himself in the foot when we threaten to win sommert. Who's to say Baloo is not a better coach than Brown? Won't know till give him the chance!!!!! But Nathan win sommert first for us leave as a true legend if that's what you want
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Left wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left wing   Left wing EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:45 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:
I think we are expecting too much tbh, I think we are all expecting the team to go out and just blow teams away and when it doesn't happen you can sense the crowd getting tense which rubs off on the players. Tonight we didn't get out of 2nd gear but still scored over 50 points and as we found out on Friday there are no mugs in SL anymore and if you are not 110% on your game you will get beat.
Thought the team looked very tired for some reason, especially Grixy and Brown, that aside I felt Griffin, Jerry and LOD gave 110% and in general did well. It's 2 points in the bag and we back on top, Will be glad when the regular NB mid-season saga is finally sorted. Great if he stays but if he off to Penrith why not just wait till season over to announce it? Fair enough let the club know and we can give Baloo what he deserves. Nathan seems to shoot himself in the foot when we threaten to win sommert. Who's to say Baloo is not a better coach than Brown? Won't know till give him the chance!!!!! But Nathan win sommert first for us leave as a true legend if that's what you want

I think you are looking at this one sided. Yes we put fifty past a poor team, but that same poor team put 22 past a supposed top 3 side.
It's not expecting too much, it's expecting consistency.

Bo is right, any decent team would have blasted us off the field tonight.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Left wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left wing   Left wing EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:57 am

We definitely let in some soft tries tonight. We will need to be more disciplined in defence against Catalan next weekend. You couldn't just pin it on one man or one side though. A few switched off at times tonight and it caught them out.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Left wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left wing   Left wing EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:57 am

I thought Hodgson was ok last night tbh. Inches off a try early on and set up another try. Probably showed more last night than Simpson has shown in his stint with us so far. Just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Left wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left wing   Left wing EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 1:14 pm

ponner wrote:
I thought Hodgson was ok last night tbh. Inches off a try early on and set up another try. Probably showed more last night than Simpson has shown in his stint with us so far. Just my opinion though.

Fact is Simpson is poor.

But what gets me about Hodgson, and I was talking about this last night with BO, is that they lad can play good rugby. You don't become a Great Britain Winger by chance.
But for some reason he just can't seem to get it right these days.

For example, last night he was wide open and rather than backing himself, or even kicking for the line he inside and straight into two waiting defenders.
He just seems to make stupid decisions which often begger belief.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Left wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left wing   Left wing EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 1:40 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
ponner wrote:

Fact is Simpson is poor.

But what gets me about Hodgson, and I was talking about this last night with BO, is that they lad can play good rugby. You don't become a Great Britain Winger by chance.
But for some reason he just can't seem to get it right these days.

For example, last night he was wide open and rather than backing himself, or even kicking for the line he inside and straight into two waiting defenders.
He just seems to make stupid decisions which often begger belief.

Apart from not having the speed that he used to have , i reckon his main problem is confidence, he knows the moves but doesn't seem as though he believes he can do them,
The move Gem is talking about he had 10 metre's between the touchline and the defender, ( we were behind the sticks so we could see how much space he had ) If he looked like he was going to be put in touch ,he could have just hacked the ball on, Instead of that he just ran inwards strate at the two defenders, they didn't even have to move, Having said that i have seen nothing from Simson that would make me want to pick him, so for me Cudjo would be on the wing, he has pace and he can get up for the high balls ( when he wants ) It may not work , but to be fair It's not working now either, It is a very weak part of our game.
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Left wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left wing   Left wing EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 2:56 pm

Wardle and jerry on one side and Lawrence and Leroy on the other.

Two strong defensive centres and two quickish wingers.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Left wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left wing   Left wing EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:06 pm

Durham Giant wrote:
Wardle and jerry on one side and Lawrence and Leroy on the other.

Two strong defensive centres and two quickish wingers.

I would be happy with that.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Left wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left wing   Left wing EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:37 pm

Yup but we didn't get out of 2nd gear and still put 50 past another SL side whichever way you look at it. We will need to be alot better against some other sides but then again Salford will take points off other sides.
2 points in the bag onwards and upwards, I think Wardle was strong last night in defence and attack and Jerry is a cert owt else three-quarter wise is anyones guess
Back to top Go down
Mable_syrup
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Left wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left wing   Left wing EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:36 pm

ponner wrote:

what he said Smile
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Left wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left wing   Left wing EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:23 am

Wasn't over impressed by Hodgson going into dummy half on occasions and running about 4 yards sideways before he decided to straighten up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Left wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left wing   Left wing Empty

Back to top Go down

Left wing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: