Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

what the hell was that!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: what the hell was that!!   Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:03 pm

To all those who went yesterday and (as it appears) are still in mourning- you are allowed to post !!

Really --Bo SG (yes he hasnt emigrated -I met him yesterday) it was a new all time low I think --somewhere 3 degrees below the Hunslet cup loss -and was totally unexplainable!

No defence-No attack - no half backs - no forward power - and no answer to Crusaders enthusiam and determination
Fair play to them - they outplayed /overpowered us in all departments

Though it miffs me - I cant even blame the fat controller!

Quite honestly - all the good work v Leeds and Wires thrown completely out of the window and the half time team talk achieved..................................................................................NOTHING!

all those enthusiastic fire up supporters spent hard earned money turning up --and the team ------------DIDNT
Thankfully - DG saved his money and didnt make the 200+ mile trip )each way god bless him
Otherwise he`d have probably missed the rest of the season being treated for depression

and SG -- crashed out on brandy

Why oh why do we continually commit suicide ?????????? Sad

For those who for whatever reason didnt make the trip
What a wise decision ! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Highlight of my day
Meeting someone again I thought had emigrated
Having a couple o nice cool pints in the sunshine

and ................................eer eeer eeer .................................................meeting some very friendly Welsh supporters!!(well they would be
would`nt they!!? Wink

Well done crusaders!!

finally --we keep pushing for greater away support

You take someone along --and what happens !
After that --I think it could be quite a while before they spend good money again
rubbish!
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was that!!   Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:09 pm

Know what you are saying,paying good money out for dross,but this easter debacle will have been completely forgotten come semi final time.

Are we saying that a team that went and put 36 points on Leeds now no longer cares about performance just because of a worthless exercise in north wales.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was that!!   Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:31 pm

A disaster is what that was... we were top of the league with a point advantage. Easiet fixture for the Easter period IMO. We could have had 2 points from the Wrexham game, with a possible 2 points against Salford which could mean (depending on other results) we could have put a bit of distance between us and the other top teams. We could have also been in line for a great crowd Tuesday night but now the Leeds and Wires wins are forgotten and all folks remember is the last result.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was that!!   Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:47 pm

Well the Leeds & Warrington wins are not forgotten by myself and nor will they ever be.

Nathan is trying to balance the present with the future.It's a tough ask.

If you read the reports of the Stains coach,he was throwing some of his players into the Wigan game with needles being the only way they could get them out there.

Nathan wants his best performers fit for the winning end of the season that much is now obvious.He's been here 3 years now he knows what's needed over the course of a season to give a club the best chance of winning trophies.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was that!!   Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:30 pm

You turn in a performance like that against the bottom of the division (or even Batley in the cup!) and my money says you`ll need to get back to where we were and fast or you wont need any brasso !

- which of his BEST players was he saving on Friday then DL

............................................?????????? Neutral

Appeared to me that only LOD , HODGSON , and RALEIGH were on leave - and the pride and endeavour displayed WASNT! !

So tell me what `s the reason for that shambles ?
You saying we didnt want to get too far ahead??

Wakey taking Cas would have done us a favour as well
Sorry
I saw it --and it was a disgrace -and an insult to those fans that went to get behind them !!
I saw the expression on this forum`s mod`s face --and if you sliced his head open -its got Fartown written all the way through

And as Scorpio says - we wonder why the Giants fans dont travel --theres an indication !
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was that!!   Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:48 am

When I said the Wire and Leeds wins were forgotten, I didnt mean by those of us who have followed Fartown/Giants for some time but for the possible newcomers...they would have read about our win against Wire, and our superb win against Leeds and thought they may give us a whirl and come down, then we blow it at Crusaders - wouldnt have been as bad if we had put in effort but there appears to have been nothing positive about the game and the papers reported that. Therefore any newcomers will now think twice about coming.

Secondly I believe we had more than sufficient talent on that field against Crusaders to win or at the very least run them close. We have a squad overflowing with talent and one or two being rested should not make too much difference, it didnt against Wire or Leeds, or the other 8 rounds prior to that - Brown has been resting players all season!
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was that!!   Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Watched the highlights.Not sure how you explain a performance such as that.

I'll continue to play the devils advocate.Does the fact the coach not like two games over Easter transmit itself to the players.Just the same as last Easter.

Maybe Crusaders deserve more praise for a decent showing.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was that!!   Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:47 pm

defleppard wrote:
Watched the highlights.Not sure how you explain a performance such as that.

I'll continue to play the devils advocate.Does the fact the coach not like two games over Easter transmit itself to the players.Just the same as last Easter.

Maybe Crusaders deserve more praise for a decent showing.

I think its one of those things we have to accept.

Look last week how Salford completely blew Bradford off the face off the earth, yet how 5 days later Bradford put in a superb performance against a strong Leeds side.

I love how things are within the SL at the moment.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was that!!   Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:00 pm

you might love it Gem --Regret to say I haven`t the same feelings bout Friday at all Wink Sad
Back to top Go down
yorkieboy

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-09-05

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was that!!   Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:56 pm

A few changes to the squad for the Salford game:

Grix, Lawrence, Cudjoe, Hodgson, Brown, Brough, Crabtree, Griffin, O'Donnell, Fa'alogo, Faiumu, Lunt, Raleigh, Kirmond, McGillvary, Wood, Cording, Wardle, Ferguson

So that's Gilly, Simmo, Larne, Robbo and Horne left out, replaced by LOD,Woody, Cording, Andy and Hodgy

Back to top Go down
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was that!!   Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:29 pm

Thanks for the update Yorkie!! :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm Yorkshire born & Yorkshire bred, Thick in't arms and daft in't head!!!
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was that!!   Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:19 pm

yorkieboy wrote:
A few changes to the squad for the Salford game:

Grix, Lawrence, Cudjoe, Hodgson, Brown, Brough, Crabtree, Griffin, O'Donnell, Fa'alogo, Faiumu, Lunt, Raleigh, Kirmond, McGillvary, Wood, Cording, Wardle, Ferguson

So that's Gilly, Simmo, Larne, Robbo and Horne left out, replaced by LOD,Woody, Cording, Andy and Hodgy

Gilly, Simmo, Larne,

Well these 3 ^,and I rate all 3 very very highly,can have no complaints about getting dropped,and that is even after watching very limited highlights.

Robbo must be injured,no way he would ever give less than 110 percent.
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was that!!   Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:22 am

It just shows how open this season is tbh. a bad performance and it will make you look like totals twerps who look to have never played rugby together before!

We deserved to be beat!

My highlight of game was when all footballs came flying onto pitch... What was all that about???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was that!!   Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:55 am

Robbo may also be being rested as we travel to Catalans for Saturday which is another short turn over with travelling involved. I think I recall he went off during the Crusaders game so maybe he has taken a knock and they are not risking him.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was that!!   Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:06 am

dannablue wrote:
Robbo may also be being rested as we travel to Catalans for Saturday which is another short turn over with travelling involved. I think I recall he went off during the Crusaders game so maybe he has taken a knock and they are not risking him.

Rib injury for Robbo.

MG wrote:
My highlight of game was when all footballs came flying onto pitch... What was all that about???

Protesting Wrexham soccer fans responsible for round balls coming onto the pitch apparently.

Much like a section fans of HTAFC at ours,some soccer fans get really hot under the collar when it comes to sharing with RL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what the hell was that!!   

Back to top Go down

what the hell was that!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: