Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Wonder

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Wonder   Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:43 pm

That's a pretty bad result all things concidered, wonder what the problem was.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Wonder   Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:45 pm

Listened to it on the radio and we dropped a lot of passes and gave away a lot of silly penalties. Sounded like we weren't on the ball at all, apparently there had been travel problems as well. Lets hope they put it right against Salford.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player

PostSubject: Re: Wonder   Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm

Wasn't it last Easter when we copped a cold against Salford, Maybe they didn't get any Easter eggs. It's a shame ,I heard there was a big turnout from the fans as well.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Wonder   Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Not sure how much truth in it but heard coach stuck in traffic and only arrived just before kick off, if so goes some way to explain the result, also someone at club should be shot!!!
Nowt worse getting straight off coach then playing RL!!!!
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Wonder   Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:38 pm

I think the team arrived around 1pm so they had an hour and 10 mins before kick off...maybe not perfect but not straight off the bus and on to the field. How soon before a game do they arrive at the Galpharm? Just think they did not have the right mental attitude, and perhaps the Wire and Leeds games took a lot out of us and this was them coming back down to earth with a bump. Next up Salford, lets hope they make amends then!
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Wonder   Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:39 pm

If that's the case then no excuse and need their arses kicked, finally get the fans behind them travelling in numbers then shoot themselves in the sodding foot
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Wonder   Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:47 pm

My guess is that it's hard to get up for a game like Crusaders.

The age old thinking we just had to turn up to win.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Wonder   Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Only thing that bothers me about today is that we lost 2 comp points towards getting to the top 2 SL positions and the easier road to the grand final.

Was not there but would have been if I could.Suppose the fans who went could say they have been cheated,but the long term goal is Old Trafford then it will be forgotten.

After all Nathan has played it well so far,squad rotation like it or not got us wins over Warrington and Leeds when it mattered.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Wonder   Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:12 pm

wins against Leeds and Wires wont amount to much if you lose to Crusaders -and Leeds and Wire dont !

As Gem says -- one thing we are consistent at is inconsistency !

and quite honestly Durham at least ought to submit an expenses claim

The forwards didnt front up

The half backs were still in bed

The defence -which has won us games -wasn`t

All in all - the supporters turned up - the team didnt !
Abysmal ! and even second half - no indication of any pride!
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Wonder   Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:13 am

We got to ground about 1.40ish and the team had just arrived due to traffic. We set off about 11ish and traffic was horrendous on M6, full of caravans! Even when team ran onto pitch before kick off, i turned to GD and said they looked shattered!

However, i recall from last year how Wigan went to catalan over easter period when they were top of league and got beat and still won the league so don't lose faith Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Wonder   Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:59 am

We are still in a good position as fortunately the results went our way Friday and we only dropped one place. The fear is that we get the losing feeling and we keep it...we have seen it all before, inconsistency etc. Fartown/Giants fans have this built in fear that we are always going to blow it and quite often we are not let down on that front.

That said if they get their heads right and learn from this we can get straight back on the horse and whoop those Reds!

The season is not over by a long shot.
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Wonder   Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 pm

Some class excuses there but the truth of it is we were outplayed on the day end of story.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Wonder   Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:32 pm

Old School wrote:
Some class excuses there but the truth of it is we were outplayed on the day end of story.

Not hard to be outplayed when really we didnt play if truth be told. We barely turned up!
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player

PostSubject: Re: Wonder   Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:47 pm

Old School wrote:

Don't think there is much doubt about that OS, and yes it is end of story as far as that game is concerned, but you do have to wonder how a team who played so well in the last couple of games, can put in a performance like that, I have to say i wasn't there but going on the reactions of those who were ,It's a bit baffling to say the least.

It proves that anyone can beat anyone at least, and if it was just a bad day at the office so be it, we shall know tomorrow, If N Brown is the Genius that some people reckon him to be he will get them up for it, I'm sure they will remember Salford last year, so it shouldn't take much
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Wonder   Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:51 am

on a plus point, of the last 3 games if we could have chosen which 2 to win we would all have chosen wire and leeds.. better to lose to crusaders than any of the top teams as we dont lose as much in regards to points

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player

PostSubject: Re: Wonder   Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:40 am

sadly --if they beat them Charlie --we`re no better off!!

We beat Leeds
us 2 -Leeds nil

Leeds beat Crusaders
Leeds 2 Crusaders nil

We lose to crusaders
us -nil Crusaders 2

ie -us 2 pts
Leeds 2 points
Crusaders 2 points

A few have said this to me -ie leeds /warrington are 4 pointers 2 you get - 2 they dont

but if they beat the ones you then lose to --it nullifies any advantage you get
Like Danna and me were arguing --to get the effect we needed to beat CRUSADERS --and we slipped up and BADLY!!

Luckily the results over Easter helped --but we NEED to keep control of our own destiny --not rely on others!!
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Wonder   Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:46 am

over a season if we are going to win say 16 games. to get the best benefit from the 16 wins they would be against the top teams only....if you beat the top 8 home and away, or the bottom eight home and awy, you would more than likely be higher up the league by beating the top eight because you have stopped them getting points against you

Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player

PostSubject: Re: Wonder   Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:59 pm

I can see what youre getting at AG --but if the "op teams " have 16 wins as well - and include "your team" --it would mean that theyve "lost" to lower teams ( like what we did) and its nullified

beat Salford ---2 points

beat Warrington / Wigan / StHelens --still 2 points --they dont count for more!

As I said --beat the "higher" clubs who then beat the "lower" club you lost to ---advantage lost
2 points is 2 points is 2 points ...................
doesnt really matter who!!-get em in the bag and let the others chase you where you have a "buffer" cushion is my view! Wink

4 pointers are only that if youve played the "bottom" end and its the "run-in"!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wonder   

Back to top Go down

Wonder
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: