Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Luke O'Donnell

Go down 
+10
penninegiant
FLYINGPROP
Giantdee
boomer
adelaide-giant.no9
dannablue
BO JANGLES
Pharmergibbs
matt01
joek
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Luke O'Donnell - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke O'Donnell   Luke O'Donnell - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:44 pm

penninegiant wrote:
................if I clean my boots --wash my kit ----and spray some WD 40 on my ankle and knee joints ---maybe Ill get a game Matt!!??

Can i be yer agent please, ?
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Luke O'Donnell   Luke O'Donnell - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 7:14 pm

Was hoping we'd be getting Luke Patten but Salford outbid us to secure his services for £140 a season.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Luke O'Donnell   Luke O'Donnell - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Anybody have any idea who the further good news from Australia is as referred to by thewlis? Was it patten or do we have other irons in the fire?
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Luke O'Donnell   Luke O'Donnell - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 8:14 pm

With what we will have left on salary cap if recent reports are to be believed it could be Dame Edna at fullback Smile
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Luke O'Donnell   Luke O'Donnell - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 9:17 pm

Pharmergibbs wrote:
Anybody have any idea who the further good news from Australia is as referred to by thewlis? Was it patten or do we have other irons in the fire?

Anthony Quinn centre / winger
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Luke O'Donnell   Luke O'Donnell - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 9:42 pm

penninegiant wrote:
................if I clean my boots --wash my kit ----and spray some WD 40 on my ankle and knee joints ---maybe Ill get a game Matt!!??

Don`t you think the kit will fall to bits in the wash after all these years.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Luke O'Donnell   Luke O'Donnell - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:38 am

ponner wrote:
Was hoping we'd be getting Luke Patten but Salford outbid us to secure his services for £140 a season.
Not bothered about missing out on Patten, especially if he was after that sort of money, but we do need a recognised full back. Not having a recognised full back cost Sharp his job, Brown would be taking a big risk if he goes into next season with Grix/Cudjoe as our full backs. Both very good players, but Cudjoe looks more comfortable on the wing or centre and Grix is more of a half back or hooker. I am not saying neither can make the switch as they have both played full back in the past, but it would be a gamble in a very important position.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Luke O'Donnell   Luke O'Donnell - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:50 am

BO JANGLES wrote:
penninegiant wrote:

Can i be yer agent please, ?

Indeed Bo ---and Shogun can handwash mi "delicates !! Wink
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256

PostSubject: Re: Luke O'Donnell   Luke O'Donnell - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:21 pm

Played on Saturday, scored 2 tries and played for 80 mintes! Good buy, I hope.
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Luke O'Donnell   Luke O'Donnell - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 6:35 am

What about Ben Jones Bishop. We could afford a small fee to persuade Leeds to sekll him up and then give him a decent salary to tie him up. Quick skilful and solid defensively. Has don e well in a struggling quins team.

To be fair though Grix had a good game in attack, set up one try and scored another. He was not tested in defence so i would reserve judgement. All he needs is a haircut and to put on half a stone and he could be the answer.
Back to top Go down
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Luke O'Donnell   Luke O'Donnell - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 6:52 am

What about trying to get widdop, he is never getting in at Melbourne over slater.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Luke O'Donnell   Luke O'Donnell - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 7:30 am

Durham Giant wrote:
What about Ben Jones Bishop. We could afford a small fee to persuade Leeds to sekll him up and then give him a decent salary to tie him up. Quick skilful and solid defensively. Has don e well in a struggling quins team.

To be fair though Grix had a good game in attack, set up one try and scored another. He was not tested in defence so i would reserve judgement. All he needs is a haircut and to put on half a stone and he could be the answer.

The best football Iv'e seen Grix play was at fullback when he was at Widnes, whether he has enough at superleague level i dont know.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Luke O'Donnell   Luke O'Donnell - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 9:44 am

Widdop is a Halifax lad but can't see him come back over here this early in his career TBH. Wonder what the plans are for Owen at Cas now they have signed Mathers, he was turning into a very good player before his leg break. The gamble is now will he ever play again and if so can he regain the form he was in?
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Luke O'Donnell   Luke O'Donnell - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:44 am

I think Owen just signed a contract extension at Cas, so not much chance there. Anyway personally I'd stick with Grix/Cudjoe over Owen. If we are going to stay with a British full back then I think we would stay with Grix and Cudjoe as the others are either signed up or not as good.
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Luke O'Donnell   Luke O'Donnell - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 4:59 pm

Patten going to the Reds?? , Link please,
Been on the bulldogs site today, nothing Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Luke O'Donnell   Luke O'Donnell - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 6:19 pm

The RFL will be rubbing their hands together when they watch his first match and thinking lets show them all we aren't soft.
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256

PostSubject: Re: Luke O'Donnell   Luke O'Donnell - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 6:56 pm

As a quins season ticket holder, seen a lot of Jones Bishop, is very good, would be a great buy. Fast and strong!
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Luke O'Donnell   Luke O'Donnell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 7:05 am

Pharmergibbs wrote:
What about trying to get widdop, he is never getting in at Melbourne over slater.

They are talking about playing him at stand off so he gets more game time at Melbourne.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke O'Donnell   Luke O'Donnell - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luke O'Donnell
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2