Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We were robbed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

We were robbed Empty
PostSubject: We were robbed   We were robbed EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 7:37 am

Now you expect the ref in the middle to make mistakes and he did. God sake off side against us in front of the sticks when he had ignored it all game. Also both HKR tries came off the back of dodgy penalties. However the video ref has no excuses. Not only were Brown and Hodgson fouled, but because of the situation they were professionally fouled to stop us winning the game in the dying moments, so in my opinion both players should have been at least sin binned too and penalty tries awarded.

Having said all that we shouldn't have allowed ourselves to get in that position. When we were 14-12 up were on top, but for whatever reason we didn't keep the intensity up and let HKR back at us.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

We were robbed Empty
PostSubject: Re: We were robbed   We were robbed EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 9:14 am

I think we lacked composure at times and not just yesterday but throughout the season we have been our own worst enemy. I thought the first half was played at a pretty fast pace but as a result of that the accuracy went a bit astray with passes being dropped etc. Our consistency has left a lot to be desired, one week fantastic, the next week they have looked at times like they have never seen a rugby ball before!

All that said it was the kind of game I enjoy...tension, the result not known until right up to the wire, ups and downs, it had it all.

I was grateful to get the point. Some ref decisions left a lot to be desired but then thats RL for you.

That kick at the end was a la Greg Pearce...what pressure must they feel when striking the ball! Well done Brett!
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

We were robbed Empty
PostSubject: Re: We were robbed   We were robbed EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 10:09 am

Refereeing standards have been abysmal for many many years now, and show no signs of getting any better, as bad as it is you can still find reasons to give the ref the benefit of the doubt at times, ( instant decisions and all that ) but the video ref coming up with decisions that are blatantly wrong is another matter.
For my money 1 Brown was tackled without the ball. 2 he never touched the ball with hands, which entitled Cudjo to touch it down. 3 it was a clear knock on ( which it patently was not ) so as far as i know, the rule is advantage to the attacking side, The worst case for us should have been a penalty to us on the grounds that he was not certain to score.
On the game it's self, we never got anywhere near the levels of last week, I though HKR ground on well enough, the thing is if Cudjo had have passed the ball, the game would have been won, ( more than likely ) I would imagine N Brown would be none to pleased about that, Far too many certain tries are squandered for one reason or another, but the worst one's for me are when a player goes for glory, with another player in the perfect possition to score.
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

We were robbed Empty
PostSubject: Re: We were robbed   We were robbed EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 5:32 pm

I thought KR played a simple game through their forwards which was very effective. Started well, more class when drewy came on, Brough way too quiet for me, missed Lunt, Leroy was very poor, Lolesi better at centre, brown tackled without the ball, and great kick from Brett. We lacked size in back 3 forwards. O and Larne is a hero. Plus Faiumu, top class!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

We were robbed Empty
PostSubject: Re: We were robbed   We were robbed Empty

Back to top Go down

We were robbed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: