Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AWAY GAME TRAVEL

Go down 
+3
washy
ponner
reidy
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 2:24 pm

If anyone wants to PM away game travel instructions, best directions for them driving, best if going by train, best parking etc, please PM them to either Mark or myself.

What we (or rather Mark Wink ) can do then is make this thread into a sticky.

Merci beaucoup penii

OR

Ta very much cock, as we say around 'ere! What a Face
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 3:03 pm

And as if by magic!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
reidy
reidy

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 6:24 pm

I think that this will be a great thread, especially for Washy! Smile
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:26 pm

What do you mean for me??
I have for your benefit been looking at alternative travel for our away fixtures this season all but Wigan and Saints are great for the train. Found Catalan could cost £170 for one of two people going fri to mon! Murrayfield unfortunately isn't cheap now it's so close!
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:09 pm

washy wrote:
What do you mean for me??
I have for your benefit
been looking at alternative travel for our away fixtures this season all but Wigan and Saints are great for the train. Found Catalan could cost £170 for one of two people going fri to mon! Murrayfield unfortunately isn't cheap now it's so close!

Thats exactly what I mean Nic, you are an oracle when it comes to away game travel and costs and are constantly posting on the website.
If we have a specific thread for it where it doesn't get forgotten about, jobs a gudd'n! Smile
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:44 am

Did notice on our official site there are NO concessionary turnstiles this year at Salford.Which means young kids and old uns are going to have to go around the ticket office before the game to get a voucher.

Some of the lads I go with won't be happy when I tell them this news today.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 10:43 am

defleppard wrote:
Did notice on our official site there are NO concessionary turnstiles this year at Salford.Which means young kids and old uns are going to have to go around the ticket office before the game to get a voucher.

Some of the lads I go with won't be happy when I tell them this news today.

Washy has said she had some mither with that situ last time fella.
The ticket side of RL is a very poorly advertised area.
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:48 pm

Crusaders-25th April 3pm KO

Train is £28.80 for an adult. Or those with Family and friends railcard it's from £24.40 for 1 adult and 1 child, these cards can upto 4 adults and 4 children on one card.
Times are 9.28 arriving in Wrexham at 12.01 and 10.26 Arr 12.53 both Changing at Piccadilly. There are other trains but these have either two changes or arrive just 45 minutes before ko. Although the train station is closer to the ground than the town centre.
Coming back 18.31 arr in hudds at 21.11 again changing at piccadilly

A guide to the ground Here including Watering holes and Car parking.

This is also from the OS.
Engage Super League Round 12
Crusaders RL v Huddersfield Giants
Sunday 25th April, kick off 3.00pm

Ticket Prices
Adults £15
Concessions (seniors /students) £ 10
Junior U16 £7
Under-7’s FREE

Tickets are ON SALE NOW from the Galpharm Stadium Ticket Office.

Disabled supporters are encouraged to contact the Crusaders ticket office to book their ticket by calling 01978 262129 with tickets charged at a concession rate with carers going free. A limited amount of disabled parking is available with supporters encouraged to book early on the aforementioned number.

Giants on Tour coach travel

Giants on Tour coach travel is available for supporters for this game priced at £16. The coach departs from the Fantastic Media Stand at 11.45am on the day of the game and 12midday from the Bus Station bays A, B or C. Coach Travel can be booked from the Galpharm Stadium Ticket Office on 01484 484123
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 12:04 pm

Going to Edinburgh this time.

Those that went last year,what's the SP on the stadium?

Was advised by our ticket office to sit in the 2 tier stand opposite the one where the players come out.

What is the camber/steepness of lower tier like.Went to Cardiff MS ended up in the bottom tier of the side stand and the camber was very shallow,nothing like the steepness of the Kilner Bank.Thought the view was pretty poor said I would go in 2nd tier next time but never made it down there for MM number 2.

With the ST voucher £17 50 for reserved seat in top tier Murrayfield.£15 in lower tier.You can get a ticket from the Pharm Tkt Office anytime up to 27th April.

She kindly advised sit in that stand to get the sun, but what are the chances of the sun shining two years on the trot in Edinburgh in early May. Very Happy as they used to say 3 chances,slim,fat and adam (a bloke out of crossroads)

Also whats the score on the best local pubs.

PS Washy nice 1 for the crusaders info Smile
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:54 pm

Do Not get a west stand seat!! You'll freeze even on a warm day just ask those who were in there last year. The cheapest tickets are also for this stand in the lower corner.

The East stand does get the sun and is unreserved seating so you can sit wherever. I think this is because of complaints that there were no ticket checking so people with the cheapest tickets ( like me) could sit anywhere. We stayed mostly in the East Lower last year and the view was pretty good. And even I was advised to get the East side tickets which I have. Though only for the day this year due to my working commitment on the Saturday.

As for pubs I didn't really venture to these so I wouldn't know. But as the Stadium is surrounded by a park I would say that it's a 5 minute walk to the hostileries.

I enjoyed my time last year and can't wait to go again. And I've been to Edinburgh many times and have never had a rainy day, but just watch it'll pee it down ruining everything.
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 2:11 pm

Further on from Edinburgh, having just booked my sunday evening accomodation, I thought for you all to see whats available for those going for the whole weekend. Virtually nothing. The Travelodge I've booked in to for £42 is still available for saturday but is £59 with only doubles left.
The lovely hotel I stayed at last year, the Elgin in Charlestown, still has vacancies at £86 for a family room and includes full scottish breakfast.. But you do need transport not good for someone like myself, there is a bus service but not to Edinburgh. A fair few rugby fans stayed their last year.

Even for the sunday availability is low.

I know those going up for a stay will probably already have booked but theres always someone like me who leaves it to the last minute!!
Back to top Go down
kirkysmum
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-12-27

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 4:20 pm

Yes I know I've left it late but I was waiting for my son's friend to confirm that he was able to come with us. I called at the Galpharm today to try & book on the Giant's coach and there's only 1 seat available on the single coach that's going!

Does anyone know of any oher coaches that are going just for the day? I need 3 seats. I've tried phoning Rugger express but there's no reply, I'll try them again tomorrow.

Any ideas would be welcome.
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptyMon May 10, 2010 5:39 pm

Not good timing but still folk will want to know this if they're going!!

Engage Super League Round 15
Warrington Wolves v Huddersfield Giants
Sunday 23rd May, kick off 3.00pm

Ticket Prices
Adults £17
Concessions (seniors /students) £ 11
Junior U16 £11
Under-7’s FREE

Disabled supporters are encouraged to contact the Wolves ticket office to book their ticket by calling 0871 622 1879 with tickets charged at a concession rate with carers going free. A limited amount of disabled parking is available with supporters encouraged to book early on the aforementioned number.

Giants on Tour coach travel is available for supporters for this game priced at £13. The coach departs from the Fantastic Media Stand at 12.15pm on the day of the game and 12.30pm from the Bus Station bays A, B or C. Coach Travel can be booked from the Galpharm Stadium Ticket Office on 01484 484123

Trains-
Cost £14.80 Adult £7.40 Child! Or those with Family railcards 1adult and 1 child £12.55
Times-0928 direct arr 1029
1001 change at Picc arr 1129
1028 change at Picc arr 1158
1100 change at Picc arr 1227
1128 direct arr 1228
1228 direcr arr 1328

Return-
1744 direct arr 1842
1844 direct arr 1942
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptyTue May 25, 2010 5:53 pm

Engage Super League Round 16
Bradford Bulls v Huddersfield Giants
Sunday 6th June, kick off 3pm

Ticket Prices:

Adults £18
Concessions (OAP / Under-16 / Student) £11
Ambulant Disabled:
£18 Adult with PA Free
£11 Concession with PA Free

Disabled supporters are encouraged to contact Bradford Bulls for further information on 08448 711490.

Giants on Tour coach travel is available for supporters for this game priced at £8. The coach departs from the Fantastic Media Stand at 1.15pm on the day of the game and 1.30pm from the Bus Station bays A, B or C. Coach Travel can be booked from the Galpharm Stadium Ticket Office on 01484 484123

Not ideal for the Train is this one But the Bus service is second to none!!
First Day West Yorkshire Ticket Adult £4 Child £1.90 or even better value if a group are going a Family and Friends ticket £7 which is for upto 5 people. Why anybody would pay £8 for the Giants on Tour tickets is beyond me when Odsal Top is so easily accessable for the Bus from Huddersfield.
363 Dep Hudds 25, 55 past the hour arr Odsal 29 minutes later.
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 4:48 pm

Engage Super League Round 17
St Helens v Huddersfield Giants
Friday 11th June, kick off 8.00pm

Ticket Prices
Adults £17.50
Concessions (seniors /students) £ 11.50
Junior U16 £14.50
Under-7’s FREE

Ambulant Disabled £17.50 or £11.50 with PA Free

Wheelchair Disabled &PA contact St Helens on 01744 455052

Giants on Tour coach travel is available for supporters for this game priced at £13. The coach departs from the Fantastic Media Stand at 5.15pm on the day of the game and 5.30pm from the Bus Station bays A, B or C. Coach Travel can be booked from the Galpharm Stadium Ticket Office on 01484 484123

No real alternatives for travel on this one with it being on a friday night!!

Even I'm struggling to get to this one!!
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:26 pm

Engage Super League Round 20
Castleford Tigers v Huddersfield Giants
Sunday 4th July, kick off 3.00pm

Ticket Prices
Adults £17.00 Please note these are the pre purchase prices all go up by a pound on matchday
Concessions (seniors/students/juniors under-16) £9.00
Junior Season Ticket holders will be able to use voucher K on the day.

Ambulant and Wheelchair disabled supporters are encouraged to contact Castleford Tigers directly on 01977 555356

Giants on Tour coach travel is available for supporters for this game priced at £10.

The coach departs from the Fantastic Media Stand at 1.15pm on the day of the game and 1.30pm from the Bus Station bays A, B or C. Coach Travel can be booked from the Galpharm Stadium Ticket Office on 01484 484123

Directions to the Jungle

From M62 M62 Junction 32 (A639-Park Road) - Follow signs for Castleford. At first mini roundabout take 1st exit onto Front Street, at next roundabout take 2nd exit onto Pontefract Road. After 0.7 mile take 1st exit off mini roundabout to Bridge Street. At fourth roundabout take 3rd exit onto Wheldon Road

Train Travel:
Dayrover Adult £6.20 Child £2.65 Family £8.80

Return Tickets Adult £4.40 Child £2.20
With Family Rail card For at least 1 adult and 1 child £3.90 Additional adults £2.90 and children £1.00
As you can see the Dayrover is quite a bargain if Two adults are going require a Bus into town so I'd recommend this.

As for trains-
Hudds 9.04 Cas 10.25
10.15 11.40
10.43 11.55
11.12 12.45
12.43 13.55
13.12 14.25

Cas 17.50 Hudds 19.00
18.54 20.00
19.50 21.00
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 9:38 am

I have to add to my train times that theres scheduled maintenence on the line to Castleford so it means a bus replacement from Leeds to Castleford!
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:40 am

Anyone who has space in their car/scateboard/van/bike for next weekend please leave a message here just in case there's anyone who can't get to the game due to travel difficulties.
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Hmmm not many comments lately on here!!

Already got our trains tickets for Hull £11.80 return for us two, going on the 12.16 from Hudds and coming back on the only possible train 9.33.

Buses from Hull Paragon to Craven Park are no. 42/43 they're a circular type of bus so even if you get the one going the wrong way round you'll get there eventually!

Leeds- Anybody who's anybody knows to get a family day rover for this one train from Hudds to Leeds then onto Burley park or Headingly! The only nuisance is getting back as it's a lovely friday night fixture Though the two trains back from Headingley are 10.10 and 11.13.

Crusaders- may not be making this due to funds but since last season they've made the train journey a right trek but still managable. Last year it was just the one change now it's two at least!! Plus if on the train save a few quid by buying tickets hudds to manchester then manchester to Wrexham save at least a fiver!

Catalans-Yay we're going to this one which is why we may miss the Crusaders trip, It's the first time we've gone though we're hopefully staying in the Costa Brava which is not new for us!

Going for 6 nights thurs to weds flying from liverpool and coming back to Luton I've had questions why come back there? Well the flight back was so cheap at €12 each that coming back nearer home would've cost a lot more as we're booked on a train/bus back for a quid!!Though as of today it's the same price as I paid though the outward flight has gone up ah well! Just to find a Half Board/all inc hotel now!
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Thanks Washy, great job there Smile
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 2:07 pm

How are you getting to the game on Friday? Is anyone stuck for a lift or can anyone offer a lift? We need as many there as possible on Friday night.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 2:20 pm

Investigating a coach to Wrexham for Crusaders match on Good Friday

set off bout 9-00
stop for "brunch " bout 10-30
on to wrexham for couple and match --and stop of for a couple on way home

back in Hudds about 7-30pm(ish)

cost subject to numbers --but coach about £18-00 (approx) and breakfast about £5-00 (optional -take sarnis if yer want) !!

Offering it to this forum and friends initially to gauge response --but bus NEEDS to be full to make it competetive

Its first to commit etc --so if you are seriously interested --PM me or pop it on here

Cheers PG

(PS --POSTED THIS AGES AGO __AND FIND SOME WANT TO PAY MORE AND GO ON TRAIN !!
AS I TOLD SOME WHO ARE INTERESTED __SOMETIMES ITS LIKE PULLING TEETH!!) Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 11:27 am

Wakey- As it's a sunday theres no direct trains. As the fare is £5.60 it's best getting a family dayrover and two of you sharing! £9.50 the stadium is roughly 20min walk from Kirkgate, walking down Doncaster Road. or buses 105,106,122,123,145,148,149, 150,167,168,172,182,184,185,189,192,193,485,489,497,498.

6 Chimneys is the city centre Weatherspoons which most Giants fans will be meeting! This is at the bottom of the main promanade in Wakefield if coming from Westgate Station the Cathedral is on the left and Ridings centre on the right!

Wigan-At a tenner a pop theres no excuse to go to this one and prove Wigan wrong in always closing the away stand for our visit!

Wigan is hard enough to get to via the train so I think I'll be finding another way to go!!

Warrington- Now this is a breeze on the train £15.60 return but the stadium is just down the road! The only problem Sky have brought it forward to the Friday night so no day out for this which is the best thing about this away day! Thanks a lot Sky! Trains there are pretty regular but coming back theres only the 10.03 back!!
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:03 am

Just a heads up for those who use public transport for the west yorkshire away days!
Family dayrover bus and train now £10.30- for upto 2 adults and 3 children!
Adult bus and train £7.20

First family ticket now £7.80- ideal for Bradford away as they allow upto 5 people to travel unlimited throughout west yorkshire for a day!!

All booked for London Away, 2 nights and return train tickets for 2 all for £60! I have a friend coming too but as he's got a seperate room to himself it's cost his £60 too!
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 8:45 pm

coach travel for our games is always very dear
This season Widnes fans paid £9 warrington paid £8
Why are we being charged around £14 or more ???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AWAY GAME TRAVEL   AWAY GAME TRAVEL Empty

Back to top Go down

AWAY GAME TRAVEL
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next